[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Club Chapter Committee Meeting 8-16
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:04 am 
Past President
Past President

The Club is growing in leaps and bounds. We have over 300 members throughout Maryland. Gary Guiou brought up the idea of Club Chapters. This is a great idea, and one that we need to pursue. It would help the Officers with administration, give people ownership and opportunities to get involved, and would generally better serve our members.

The questions are:
1) Should we form Chapters?
2) How is the best way to form them?
3) How do we administer them?

So, I am forming an ad-hoc Committee to explore the idea of Chapters. Several people already signed up at the August meeting. However, if you are interested in serving on the committee, please drop me a line at fire41fighter@aol.com

Scott

2014 Deep Impact Blue/Red Stripes GT Premium 5.0
1967 Notchback 289 - A true barn find!
In God we trust. All others are run through NCIC.

Post subject: Re: Club Chapters
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:53 am 
Past President
Past President

If there is anyone that wants to help or have some input/ideas about forming chapters for the group, now is your chance. We are meeting next Thursday, Aug 16th at 7pm at the following location:

Boulevard Diner
1660 Merritt Blvd
Dundalk, MD 21222

This will be a great opportunity to enjoy some food and discuss some of the questions Scott has posted above. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Scott or myself, mlecuyer74@gmail.com.

Otherwise we'll see you there!! :clinkmugs:

Mike

Post subject: Re: Club Chapters
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:28 am 

I might be able to make this to see if I can assist.

Post subject: Re: Club Chapter Committee Meeting 8-23
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:31 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

I'm looking forward to this meeting too because it will be the first time in over six weeks that I will be driving my Mustang again! :banana2:

Seriously though we really need to take a closer look at forming chapters to make the club more meaningful to members throughout the region. Whenever we hold a meeting in Bel Air we usually get a nice turnout of members and when we've held meetings around the Columbia area we also have a really nice attendance.

The problem is that we generally do not see the same people outside of the officers attending both meetings. Club members are choosing which meetings they will attend depending upon the location of the meeting.

So it appears that the time is right to discuss regional chapters to better serve our rapidly growing membership.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian

Last edited by Red Baron on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:43 pm 

I am not a member yet and I am seriously considering but I am out of the country at the present time and well it is a waste of money since I can't enjoy the perks IMHO. Having said that I would say that representing the state is really cool but would you have chapters for either individual counties or combine them to keep the numbers equal or close to larger counties?

I hope your idea here works because it could be a decent idear

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:34 am 
Treasurer
Treasurer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:26 am 

When I am in the world I reside down in Calvert County and our area is unique and it is what it is home. What I am wondering is with your organization how many of the southern Maryland types are there? I am interested but my time in country is limited and until that changes I will just follow you all on line. I will say you all have been quite welcoming and also helpful when I have asked questions and I appreciate that. I do look forward to when I can have the time to enjoy my lil fox body once again.

I hope that this vision will yield success and also bring more unity to the club as a whole.

:usaflag:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:11 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

We do have a few members who reside in Southern Maryland and they participate in parades, car shows, the Ford Nationals at Carlisle, PA and other activities put on by MCOM.

This new idea of creating individual sub-chapters of the MCOM has great promise to expand our exposure to some of the areas we are not too heavily involved in now such as Southern MD.

There may also be other Mustang Clubs already in your area so that is another option to get involved locally. We just want to make all Mustang owners in Maryland know that they have a place to call home no matter where they may reside.

Thank you again for your service to this country! As a veteran myself I can tell you that everyone is proud of the sacrifice, courage and selflessness of our armed forces and we wish you all the best as you continue to serve your country. :btu:

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:46 pm 

Yeah I was thinking about the southern Maryland deal but I was initially introduced to this group and when there is activity it is pretty cool. I have a lot of time to think and wonder what I'd do once I am back.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:05 am 
Treasurer
Treasurer

There seems to be some confusion about the date of the Club Chapter meeting we are planning. In the messages that have been circulated within the committee the meeting is scheduled for Thursday August 16th at the Boulevard Diner at 7pm.

Communication is essential so that everyone is on the same page. Mike L. has been organizing this meeting and determined that August 16th was a date that most of the committee members could make.

When I saw the change of date on this thread I was confused as to the actual date of the meeting. Is it August 16th or August 23rd?

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian

Post subject: Re: Club Chapter Committee Meeting 8-16
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:56 am 
Past President
Past President

Its the 16th.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:37 am 
Past President
Past President

Thanks for changing the date in the topic!! Again, anyone outside of those that signed up for the committe is more than welcome to come to the meeting. With the growth the club has seen in the past few years, we need as many people to step up as possible as this could potentially expand the amount of leadership positions the club will need to effectively run and organize all the activities in the coming years.

If anyone wants to join us next week but you have a few questions, please feel free to reach out to me.

mlecuyer74@gmail.com

Mike

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:45 pm 

I guess when you are a member in good standing then things are different and since I am not I will reframe from any more interaction on this specific topic.
Best of luck with your plans of expansion.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:02 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:17 pm 
Past President
Past President

Members,

Anyone coming out to the committee meeting - some of us are going to meet at the dinner at 6pm to get some food first. If you want to join us, please feel free. The business portion of the meeting will start promptly at 7pm. :clinkmugs:

Thanks, and look forward to seeing you all there,

Mike

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:14 am 

I will be there on August 16th early for dinner and the meeting :thumbsup2:

Red with White Strips
5 Speed

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:25 pm 

Jeff and I are interested in this as well. Both dinner and the meeting (chapter discussion).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:24 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Well its official sports fans, I have been given permission to drive once again! :banana:

After my 6 week follow up appointment with my neurosurgeon at GBMC Hospital I have been released as a patient and can start on my Physical Therapy. I will need PT for 4-6 weeks and plan to join Planet Fitness so that I can once again work out to strengthen my back muscles.

So now I can look forward to driving to the meeting! The flip side is that I recently received my gasoline bill for the past month of $18.75! And that was before I even went to the hospital for surgery. :smile:

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:31 pm 

:btu: Steve that is great news. Looking forward to seeing back out at the events. :btu:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:47 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Thanks Jim! It will be good to get back to club events again! :smile:

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian