[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 2014 MCOM Century Ford Car Show! June 21st!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:08 pm 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:53 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:45 pm 

What time should we get there

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:31 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:22 pm 
Vice President
Vice President

I have some bad news, friends...

in following up with Famous Dave's of Germantown last week, I learned that Greg Leibowitz (the manager with whom I booked our catering for the Century Show) has since been FIRED, and that they are no longer able to honor the agreement that we made. Good thing I followed up...it doesn't seem that they were in any hurry to alert me to the fact that we no longer had a food vendor.

I am beyond angry, and am sure that before all is said and done, we will be getting something from them for free, to make up for the inconvenience. (Hell hath no fury like a ginger scorned!)

The good news is, I was able to book Chubby's, an excellent mobile food vendor, for our event. Chubby's is well known for their BBQ. Many of you have had their food at the Saturday evening car shows at Marley Station.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chubbys/136304233114199

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:25 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Great job Karla! These last minute cancellations can really cause a lot of havoc with a car show. Thank goodness you were able to secure another food vendor for the car show.

Chubby's looks like the kind of vendor that would do well at a car show as they already support the Marley Station event each week.

The Red Baron
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:26 pm 
President
President

Chubby's is better then that other slop

1967 Fastback 289, C4, Magnum 500 wheels, Long Tubes

1989 LX Notchback 5.0 supercharged SSP too much to list

2011 GT some basic bolt on goodies

Post subject: UPDATE: Century Ford show to be held on 7/12 rain date
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:07 pm 
Vice President
Vice President

UPDATE: Due to the threat of inclement weather, this show will NOT be held tomorrow (6/21). Club officers & Century Ford have opted to hold the event on the previously scheduled rain date, July 12, 2014. Please share this info!

Post subject: Re: 2014 MCOM Century Ford Car Show! July 12th!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:22 pm 

Bob,

I am definitely going to be there on the 12th. I have booked my alignment at 8:30 AM on the same day.

The Barton shifter is sweet!! Thanks for a job well done.

Jun

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:24 pm 
Vice President
Vice President

The rain date works better for Di and I. We can be there and provide help.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:49 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

I plan to be there on the 12th except that I will have to be leaving around 1 pm as we have 5 pm surprise party to attend and as usual I will be there taking pictures! :pepper:

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:03 pm 

I will be there around 8:00 for the show and to help out.
Jim :btu:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:34 pm 

I was hoping to make the rain date, but I'm going in for a procedure the day before & will be recovering that weekend :/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:16 am 

Planning on attending and hopefully the weather will be a wee bit kinder for this date.

I assume this will be the same deal for the showroom? See ya'll next weekend.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:55 pm 

I was out of town for the original date, but I plan to be there this Saturday, assuming the forecast doesn't change to rain again.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:57 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Looks like the weather for this weekend will be very nice, sunny and not as hot or humid as earlier in the week.

This will be a great weekend to show your car, support our charities and have a good time! :banana2:

I will also be bringing along a limited number of the new "Mustang The First 50 Years", 2 DVD sets for anyone who is interested in the 50 year history of the Mustang. This is a must item for any Mustang enthusiast! :btu:

The Red Baron
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:23 pm 

soooo....who's cars are in the showroom?? See ya'll tomorrow..Scott

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:24 pm 
Vice President
Vice President

We're looking forward to seeing everyone and having some GREAT weather at Century Ford tomorrow!

A few updates:

-The staff member from Warrior-Canine Connection (WWC) that was scheduled to join us for the Century Show on the original June date is now out of the office on paternity leave. WWC was unsuccessful in finding a volunteer to replace him for this show, so they got in touch with me today to ask if they can join us at another MCOM event.

-Registration for the show will begin at 9.

-Showroom vehicles will be brought into the showroom at 8:30.

-MCOM members that are signed up to assist with show set up can plan to arrive at 8:15.

A personal note:

Sadly, one of my best friends endured the stillbirth of her daughter this week. A memorial service is being held tomorrow from 11-2. I would like to ask for the support of my MCOM family in wrapping up the final hour of the Century Show without me, so that I may leave early and attend the last 30 min of the memorial service, to support my friend and my 8 year old goddaughter. I really need to be there for them during this difficult time.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 pm 
Vice President
Vice President

Karla

Di and i are sorry to hear about the loss your best friend is going through and the heart break you must feel. Everyone in MCOM knows of the extraordinary work you have done in planning and coordinating the Century Show and I am sure there will be no problem in having volunteers to step in so you can attend the service. Rest easy that all will be in good hands.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:59 pm 

I wanted to thank the club for the opportunity to have my car on the showroom along with the other two stellar cars and I believe we represented Fords best.