[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Are you able to attend?
Yes, just me 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
Yes, put me down for 2 38%  38%  [ 8 ]
Yes, Im in for 3 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Yes, Im in for 4 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Ill be there in a bus with 5 or more! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No, I have something going on 24%  24%  [ 5 ]
Maybe 19%  19%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 21
 Post subject: Hershey Cruise SATURDAY, JUNE 14
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:17 pm 
Vice President
Vice President

Hi all,

This is in reference to the cruise to Hershey, Pennsylvania that I talked about at the April club meeting. At the meeting the idea received quite good feedback and I have been working on the details.

The cruise is planned for Saturday June 14, 2014. The cruise will start in the morning in Havre de Grace, MD, right off of I-95 in Harford County. We will rendezvous at Tydings Park on the waterfront from where we leave to make our way north through Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. There will be a pit stop about half way at the Sheetz in Mount Joy.

From Mount Joy we will continue northwest to CJ's Pony Parts where we will stop for their Coffee and Cars event being held that morning. Im sure almost everyone in the club has heard of CJ's and probably bought Mustang parts from them. CJ's is looking forward to having MCOM visit their facility and attend their event.

From CJ's we will travel to the main attraction on the cruise, The Hershey Car Museum owned by the Antique Automobile Club of America (AACA). Started in 1935, the AACA has over 60,000 members in the US and abroad and covers all motor vehicles, including cars, trucks, motorcycles and race cars from the to beginning of the automobile to 25 years old (currently up to 1989 model year).

The Museum is one of only a few car museums that is recognized by Smithsonian Institution as an Affiliate Museum and is one of the Top 16 Automotive Museums in the world. It contains a permanent display of approximately 100 automobiles from 1800s to 1970s set in a cross country setting, a floor full of buses in the Museum of Bus Transportation which is housed in the Museum, and more than 30 motorcycles, motorbikes, and Cushman cycles, in addition to special exhibits throughout the year. The current special exhibit is Indian Nation: Indian Motorcycles and American with approximately 25 Indian motorcycles from their inception in 1901 to their reintroduction in recent times. The Museum has over 20,000 square feet of additional storage so vehicles can be rotated on a regular basis Information on the Museum can be found at http://www.aacamuseum.org.

We will have a group lunch inside the Museum building before our guided 1 1/2 to 2 hour tour through the Museum. Cost for the Museum will be $17 per person which includes lunch, the Museum admission, and our own Museum tour guides.

I am also working on a possible visit to Hershey Chocolate World (free admission) after the Museum for some sweets shopping and an ice cream stop on the way back to Maryland.

I will need to get a head count about two weeks prior to the cruise for the lunch and CJ's. Those interested in participating in this cruise please let me know anytime either on this forum or email at deltudor31@yahoo.com, and let me know how many people will be attending.

I hope that we have a large turnout of MCOM people and cars for this cruise. I believe that everyone will find something that interested them. More information and a flyer will be available as the date of the cruise draws closer.

Thanks.
Bruce

[color=#FF0000]

Attachments:
aacamuseum.jpg
aacamuseum.jpg [ 187.67 KiB | Viewed 7618 times ]

Last edited by BruceWGT on Thu May 01, 2014 9:04 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Hershey Cruise
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:33 pm 
President
President

I will be out of town, so unfortunately will miss this.

Word of advice from someone who has a lot of experience planning cruises, Test drive the planned route a few weeks before hand. This will allow you to familiarize with the route, and make sure the planned route has no interference's like road closures or construction. Also look at the Hershey Chamber of Commerce site, to be sure no other events in town these days to prevent a cruise/parking nightmare.

1967 Fastback 289, C4, Magnum 500 wheels, Long Tubes

1989 LX Notchback 5.0 supercharged SSP too much to list

2011 GT some basic bolt on goodies

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:25 am 

Me and Rachel will be going

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:16 pm 

Sounds really good but I am such a trek already I am not sure if I will make it. I'll chew on it for a while and we'll see.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:18 am 

Put it on our calendar and looking forward to going up there again. It's a great museum. :btu:

by , on Flickr
Some people are like Slinkys. They have no purpose, but they sure bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:49 am 

Subscribing. Been awhile since I took a cruise.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:11 pm 

Bruce, Linda and I would to go along on the Hershey Cruise :3gears:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:29 pm 

What time would the cruise actually start from HDG?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:25 pm 
Vice President
Vice President

Im still working on a few details but I figure an 8am start from HdG.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:58 pm 

I may have to stay over as it is a pretty good hike for me and I am still pondering my intentions as I'd like to attend.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:23 pm 
Vice President
Vice President

6-71

I realize the long distance you have just to make the start. However, I hope you can participate. I think it will be a fun day. If I had an extra room here I would let you use it but I'm all out. :(

Bruce

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:56 pm 

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 2:02 pm 
Vice President
Vice President

Hi all!

Please see the original post above for an update with the planned schedule for the cruise. :btu:

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 6:50 am 
Past President
Past President

This cruise sounds like a lot of fun! :thumbsup2:

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:58 am 

Pam and I will be there. Great idea for a cruise, looking forward to it. Larrt

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 10:30 am 

If I can get off that weekend I'll be attending. It will be me and 2 more...

Post subject: Directions to Start of Hershey Cruise
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 6:33 pm 
Vice President
Vice President

Hi all.

Below are the directions to the start for the Hershey Cruise on June 14. Attached is a map that can be printed.

Attachments:
tydingspark map3.jpg
tydingspark map3.jpg [ 146.25 KiB | Viewed 7229 times ]

Post subject: Re: Hershey Cruise SATURDAY, JUNE 14
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:10 pm 

Bruce do you have pics up from last meeting?

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 6:53 pm 
Vice President
Vice President

Sorry, I dont have the pics from the last meeting. Steve Tapper has those and he has been very busy with detailing work but I am sure he will post them as soon as he can.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 7:23 pm 

Is there a exact address to the meeting place