Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MCOM Celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the Ford Mustang
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:22 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

The Mustang Club of Maryland has been invited to host the 50th Anniversary of the Ford Mustang at the Bowie Branch of the Prince Georges County Library on Saturday, March 29, 2014 from 2pm to 4pm. Following the program we have been invited to participate in a rally/car show on their parking lot.

This program, which is also open to the public, will focus on the people responsible for the creation of the Ford Mustang and all of the behind the scenes events leading up to the introduction of the Mustang at the New York Worlds Fair on April 17, 1964. The Power Point Program will feature Ford Mustang print and TV ads and will review the magnificent marketing program used by Ford to launch the Mustang and break all sales records in doing so.

Dave Seibert and I will chronologically cover the entire 50 year history of the Ford Mustang and talk about the various changes Ford had made to the car to keep it relevant and make it an iconic brand. We will look at the key players in the Mustangs history such as Carroll Shelby whose contributions to the Mustang's success are legendary.

This will be a fun filled, entertaining trip down memory lane as we celebrate 50 consecutive years of production for a single car model. We hope to have members and guests bring along their older Mustangs as we celebrate this historic event.

Steve Tapper
The Red Baron
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

Post subject: Re: MCOM Celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the Ford Mustan
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:49 pm 

Jeff and I can attend, unfortunately we only have a new model 'Stang but we can probably make this!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:58 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

While the majority of our members own newer model Mustangs there are also members who own older generation cars, some even going back to the first generation of Mustangs.

If anyone has an older model that they can bring to this event that would be great! It would be nice to have cars from each of the six generations of Mustangs that have been part of the 50 year history of the brand. :btu:

The Red Baron
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:58 pm 

We could make a day of it!
That morning is the season Kick off at Hunt Valley from 8-10 AM then we could cruise down to Bowie.
Just thinking out loud.
Jim

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:28 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

I'm hoping that many of our members and others interested in this program will be able to organize cruises down to Bowie that day Jim.

Since people will be coming from many different directions it would be easier for those who know others who live in the same area to organize their own cruises down to Bowie. I will be visiting the Bowie Library next Tuesday to meet with Doug Adolphsen and look over the facilities so that I can report back to our members at our next meeting on Wednesday, March 5th.

The Red Baron
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:00 am 
Treasurer
Treasurer

A couple of people have mentioned that it would a benefit for the club if we could video tape this presentation of the 50 years of Mustang History.

Years ago when I was doing professional photography I had a really nice RCA video camera but had sold it to a friend. If anyone has a video camera that could be used to tape this program please let me know. You can PM me on this website or email me at steventapper@yahoo.com or phone me at; 410-526-4345.

Thanks!

The Red Baron
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:09 am 

Is anyone planning on doing both events that day?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:42 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

This coming Saturday is the date for our 50th Anniversary of the Mustang History Program to be held at the Bowie Public Library at 2 pm. Dave Seibert and I have been working on an exciting Power Point Presentation to highlight this special occasion for a very special car, the Ford Mustang.

We will trace its origins in the early 1960's to the brand new 2015 Mustang that Ford recently introduced. We will take a trip back in time to see the introduction of a car so special that it broke all existing sales records for its first year and a half of production. We'll talk about and see the car that changed the landscape of the automotive world forever and created a cultural change that still continues today.

We're hoping that everyone can join with us as we celebrate this special 50th Anniversary Program!

The Red Baron
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:34 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Just a reminder that our Special 50th Anniversary of the Ford Mustang program is this Saturday, March 29th at 2 pm at the Bowie Public Library.

Dave Seibert and I have been working on the program and Dave has done an Outstanding Job of creating an exciting Power Point Presentation that takes us from the very beginning of the Mustang concept right up to the 2015 50th Anniversary Edition Mustang! :btu:

This is a story of tremendous risk and unbelievable reward as a small group of Executives within the Ford Motor Company risked their careers on a vision for the future. This is a story about real people from designers, engineers, advertising and public relations, race car owners and car dealers who all had a hand in the long history of this special car which changed the face of the automotive industry.

We hope that you can join us in this walk down memory lane as we learn all about a car that changed the culture of the automotive industry!

Steve Tapper
The Red Baron
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:34 pm 

Plan on attending tomorrow.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:21 pm 
Vice President
Vice President

Di and I and the Ghost will be there!

Last edited by BruceWGT on Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:48 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

It should be a great day to get us all in the spirit of the 50th Anniversary of the Mustang! It's going to rain all day so why not hang out with fellow Mustang enthusiasts and celebrate this milestone together! :banana:

I'm glad to see that you are going to make this program Dirk! I'm expecting a nice crowd including members of other Mustang Clubs and the general public who have an interest in the Ford Mustang. I know that everyone who attends will be glad that they decided to join with us to share in this historic event. :btu:

The Red Baron
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:20 am 

Not sure if we will make this after all. Every Saturday is a crap shoot as to how I will feel after taking my RA meds on Friday night, so far this morning is not so hot.