[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:30 am 

Hi all,

I just saw a notice on the MCA forum about parking with Team Shelby in the M.O.R.E. area (http://www.mustang50thbirthdaycelebrati ... ogram.html) just outside the track even if you are not a member of Team Shelby nor even have a Shelby. So, I wrote to the email contact and got a nice response from Richard Michiels who said they have plenty of spaces available for us and we are welcome to join them. People parking in the M.O.R.E. area can come and go at any time during the day and its close to the action. I just did so and now have a spot reserved. If you would also like to have a spot, Richard said to send him the following information to teamshelby.il@hotmail.com and he will add you to the list:

Name
Address
Phone Number
email address

Also, let him know you are with the Mustang Club of Maryland. This is a great opportunity for us to all park in the same area, so please register soon as the spaces will fill up.

Glenn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:36 am 

Oh, I should also add that if you do getting parking in the M.O.R.E. area, you must park there all week. So, I assume that if you wanted to park inside the track, don't sign up for M.O.R.E. parking.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:47 am 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:04 am 

OK, so who is doing what down there. They have listed a welcome party, a dinner, etc... I have heard the dinner at the past anniversary deals was a bit boring. So I'm not too interested in that. Was kinda interested in the welcome party... I'm about to order and pay for my ticket/goodies bags...

95 Ranger Splash

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:30 pm 

Ok, bringing this back up to the top! Getting closer! Who has paid for their ticket and what all did you sign up for? Lets get a list going! I won't be able to attend the meetings for a few months due to class on wed nights. So I won;t be able to talk the the few people I know are going...

95 Ranger Splash

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:29 am 

Signed up for the Friday night cruise and Saturday Banquet.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:23 pm 

Spoke to Midwest Club Shelby president Rich Michaels and he said the deadline they have to turn in names of those wanted to park in the M.O.R.E. parking area just outside the track is March 15, so if you were thinking about this see the post above and get your name on the list. You must have a paid registration for the event to park in the M.O.R.E. area too.

Glenn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:21 am 

Have we coordinated a time for people to meet up on Wednesday morning and "convoy" down to the event? I have to confess that one of the reasons I registered for the 50th Birthday Celebration was to drive on the Interstate with a bunch of other Mustangs. :wave1:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:22 pm 

I don't think an official arrangements have been made, but I was just at the club meeting tonight and see that a lot of people are going down on Wednesday. Actually, when I got home tonight I was informed that I will also be going on Wednesday (by my wife - the boss), so I can join the group and travel on Wednesday!

So far, the 9am start has been suggested in this string - to miss the DC and Baltimore traffic - sounds like a good suggestion to me!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:42 am 

UPDATE - I see that there is a discussion over on Facebook within a group based on Linda's page. I joined the group this morning and there is discussion about travel details, itineraries, etc., so if you have the option to join the group, please do. If you can't find it, please send Linda (or me) a message and I'm sure one of the members can get you linked up with the group.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:56 am 

0900 sounds like a good time to start. What Facebook group are you referring to?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:22 pm 

95 Ranger Splash

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:43 pm 

Facebook 50th anniversary string

Attachments:
IMG_20140308_173841.jpg
IMG_20140308_173841.jpg [ 126.5 KiB | Viewed 4796 times ]

Red with White Strips
5 Speed

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:50 am 

I've had zero luck locating " Mustang 50th anniversary in Charlotte N.C ". My daughter and I are heading down Weds. but we my not leave Pa until 10:30, sucks, should miss most of the traffic.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:06 am 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:26 am 

I have to drive down to the Quantico area a lot for work.

If you want to miss traffic and construction, the best thing to do is to take US-17 all the way through Warrenton, VA and hit I-95 at Fredericksburg.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:12 pm 

The 50th anniversary post is on FaceBook in Events :btu: I changed the settings to Open Event anyone should be able to find it on Facebook now :3gears:

Red with White Strips
5 Speed

Last edited by VirgoLady2828 on Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:25 pm 

No luck, doesn't matter, I'm leaving at 10:30 anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:22 am 

As far as construction goes, it's that time of year. Everything will be starting. I goto Fredericksburg to the car auction every couple weeks. And it isn't too bad. I despise the west side of 495... And that will add time and miles to the trip. I'm going to work with Linda on the FB page on the route and times. I will cross post it here. I'm thinking 9 may change to a tad earlier. It's a little over 6 1/2 hours with no stops. There are some groups along the way who want to join. As long as it's not 1 or 2 cars at each burg and exit, which will be a logistical nightmare. I've suggested they work on a meet up place to have the most bang for the buck as far as stops go.

95 Ranger Splash

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:28 pm