[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:13 am 

Never did anything this big and as long as this event will be but this is a once in a lifetime event, so I wanted to go down for the 50th celebration, after talking with Dave and Rick about this I did get some good info as book my hotel now, which I was going to wait till February, there are no hotels within 5 miles of the Charlotte racetrack available, hotels are filling up fast, so I found this website where it gives more info on the event and where you can get registered and buy passes, I got a room only 6 miles away at the Country Inn & Suites, not a bad price considering other hotels in the area, so check this site out and get started now if you would like to go
http://mustang50thbirthdaycelebration.com/

Post subject: Re: Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:09 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

You're right Tony! This is a once in a lifetime event and one that I'm sure every Mustang enthusiast would love to be a part of. :btu:

Congratulations on getting a hotel room only six miles for the Charlotte Speedway. I'm sure that there will be numerous events held for this very special occasion and it is something that you will look back to with fond memories as the years go by.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:00 pm 
Vice President
Vice President

Please forgive the newbie if this question has already been discussed, but is there any thoughts about MCOM going down to Charlotte as a group?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:30 am 
President
President

1967 Fastback 289, C4, Magnum 500 wheels, Long Tubes

1989 LX Notchback 5.0 supercharged SSP too much to list

2011 GT some basic bolt on goodies

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:52 pm 
Vice President
Vice President

James,
Di told me she is interested in going and so am I. Would be neat to have a contingent from MCOM to travel with.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:54 pm 

I am planning to go down there also. I would love to go down with a group.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:45 am 

The 50th Anniversary Celebration is having a special area just outside the track at Charlotte designated just for clubs. Might be something to consider if we can find out who is definitely going. Here is the link:

http://www.mustang50thbirthdaycelebrati ... ogram.html

Sorry I am missing the Gettysburg cruise today ... have to help out at church Christmas bazaar. But I decided to go Sunday and Monday to make up for it and cruise around on my own! Hope you all have fun.

Glenn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:16 pm 

cindy and I are seriously thinking of going...sounds like something too cool to pass up..especially with a new Mustang :btu:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:39 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:32 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:56 am 

Im going to be going to Asheville, NC to meet up with the pony drive thats going to Charlotte.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:08 pm 

considered this over OC, but anyplace that has rooms avail. close to it are way up there, more so with a pool.

1985 Mustang Gt Red convertible

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:10 pm 

Shame this cruise wasn't coming up the coast as it would be cool seeing a huge convoy of stangs and the US capitol in the back ground.

If my car were newer I wouldn't of balked at going to Charlotte so I guess I'll do it in the next 50 years.... :banghead2:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:13 am 
Treasurer
Treasurer

As much as I would have liked to attend this historic event I will have to pass on this as we have several expensive landscaping projects that have to take priority over this mini vacation. Besides, we are looking forward to going to Ocean City again in May with the club and hopefully taking a vacation to Florida to visit family and friends this summer.

The Red Baron
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:45 pm 

I be stopping by on my way to Savannah, I signed up and will be parking with the BossMustangOnline group in the #8 area right outside the track. I'll only use my spot on Thurs. I'm not sure how tight they control things at this event but my parking pass and 2 entry tickets are good for the whole event and I only need them for 1 day. Also here's a link to a cheap hotel where I booked my daughter and I, it' about 5.5 miles from the track,
http://www.hotels.com/hotel/details.htm ... lId=180883

Last edited by racered302 on Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:36 pm 

I am going down on Wednesday the 16th - anyone else going on Wednesday? I am also in contact with a rep from a NY club who will be passing through our area and might sync up with them as they pass by. When is everyone planning on driving down?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:01 pm 

Well, it turns out my spring break is that week afterall. I forgot HCC has a different week than everybody else. So, I am seriously considering going. I think we should have a serious discussion at the meeting on who is going! It will be the last meeting for me til spring semester is over as I will have a class on Wednesday nights (unless I can pick up a seat in one of the day classes IF one opens up). I'm gonna shop for hotels. Maybe we should also have a thread here stickied with who is going and any info to help shop for hotels?

95 Ranger Splash

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:11 pm 

I booked a suite at the Microtel Northlake. That way I can stuff the fridge with food and have a wave. Room for up to 4 people, have a buddy from here coming on the 17th. Talked to James, he working on getting the days off.

95 Ranger Splash

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:52 am 
President
President

Eric,
Let's not forget the beers! It is a celebration after all ;)

1967 Fastback 289, C4, Magnum 500 wheels, Long Tubes

1989 LX Notchback 5.0 supercharged SSP too much to list

2011 GT some basic bolt on goodies

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:31 am