[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 8:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bring Molly II to Life Day - Video & Pictures!!!!
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:02 pm 

After talking with the guys at the last meeting, it was suggested that calling a tech day, so folks can see our beautiful 1985 Mustang, Molly II and help us with some repairs.
Due to health reasons, Jeff has had to give up the idea of doing the restoration on his own. Jeff's had to give serious consideration to selling the car but does not just want to give it to anyone and at this time she is not running and we are looking for help. Jeff has limited skills and knowledge in these things and exhausted all he knows how to do and we can not afford to take it to a mechanic at this time because of his disability.
Having a car that starts and runs reliably and stops :thumbsup2: would help us sell the car, or if we end up keeping her, it will be easier to move her.

Date: June 1, 2013 (Rain/Other Dates can be suggested)
7422 School Lane, Dundalk, MD 21222 (Lane is important when using GPS/Maps)
Ph: 443-216-7865
Time: 11 AM to whenever
BBQ Grill will be open
We have a modest budget for parts
We will provide hot dogs and burgers
Bring sides, desserts and your own beverages.

Thank You,
Rebecca and Jeff Slattery

Attachments:
Molly Front.jpg
Molly Front.jpg [ 324.39 KiB | Viewed 5951 times ]

Last edited by MotorCityBecca on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:12 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Bring Molly II to life Tech Day - June 1, 2013
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:44 pm 

My wife's first new car was an 86, dark blue, 4 banger LX.
What's it need done to it? Won't run, and if it did, keeps on going because of brakes? I'm not a mechanic but I've turned a wrench or two so I might be able to help out. Plus the wife supposed out of town so I have no plans.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:46 pm 

Not sure why it is not running, but it stops if you have enough space. Pedal goes all the way to the floor and it will stop finally.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:20 pm 

Does it pump up and fade or go to the floor every time. Can't check it if it's not running though. But when it did run?

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:58 pm 

Late last year - might be the battery, not sure at this time.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:55 pm 

The car got a new starter and relay. The Alt is original and the battery may need to be replaced. The brakes when it was running were mushy (more so than fox's normally are) now they go all the way to the floor and takes forever to slow to a crawl but never a full stop. The car was running when I bought it, the guys whom I bought it from drove it the last 500 miles here and it was fine until the last mechanic I got help from, then it just stopped starting. Hasn't run for a couple of months without a charger then that stopped working. Jeff

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:58 am 

Anything leaking? Like brake fluid? Are the pads and rotors worn out? Do you know when the brake fluid was flushed out, water or air in the brake line will cause a mushy brake feel, but if it starts to fade when they heat up it maybe water in the lines. I'm wondering if the brakes were bleed and the bleeder wasn't tightened all the way. I sure someone with expertise will chime in on this. How many mile's on her?

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 3:33 pm 

Slight engine oil leak, no leaks from brakes. Almost 138000 miles. Brakes were cleaned and adjusted when we bought her and they told us they were at about 50% wear.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:24 pm 

Since I can't actually press the b-petal I'd think it could be a master cyclinder? That car looks really nice given it is an 85 and the mileage. I spoke to your husband this morning and he told me many different things as the progression from 85-90 and we have all seen the progression of the cuurent mustang. I hope you all find a nice home for that car. Pleasure meeting you all today and I have to say I really like your car's color since I was fooled it wasn't black.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:17 pm 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

That car sure does look clean.

I will consult the calendar and with my social secretary to make sure I am available that day.

What does Jeff want to attack first? Brakes or starting?

Do you have a electrical outlet that we can run power to the car from? I can bring a big battery charger and extension cords, if needed.

Post subject: Re: Bring Molly II to life Day - June 1, 2013
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:43 pm 

Dave,
Jeff says yes on the outlet and he wants to tackle starting first

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:01 pm 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 4:53 pm 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

It looks like we have good weather for this project. No rain, low of 72 and high of 90.

I plan on bringing:
Extension cord
Battery charger
Jump pack
Multimeter
Spark plug socket and ratchet
Kroil oil
Floor jack
Jack stands
Wheel chocks
Breaker bar and sockets (for turning the crank pulley)
Timing light (Hopeful thinking?)
fender mats
starting fuild?

Anyone have a fuel rail pressure guage?
Any other tool suggestions?

Who else is coming out to help?

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 4:57 pm 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

Is the gas in the tank over a year old at this point?

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:16 pm 

I'm in.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:12 pm 

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 12:30 am 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:20 pm 

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:50 pm 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:01 pm 

I'm sure I would have been holding the tools for someone that's more experienced then then me. I'm playing it by ear now, I still want to part of it.