[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Sun Jun 02, 2024 12:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NVMC Track Rental April 27, 2013
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:03 pm 
Past President
Past President

What: NVMC Drag Day Test -n- Tune Session
When:27 April 2013
Time: 8am-12noon

Where: Mason Dixon Dragway, Maryland

Price: $50.00 Pre-Paid (Cash @ Club Function i.e.; Meeting, Show, Cruise etc.)
$52.00 Pay Pal (to Enforcir@gmail.com) Please put a note in the Pay Pal Message.
$75.00 price at the gate, day of the event.

Special Instructions: We need (40) Pre-Paid by 14 April 2013, Proper Attire Mandatory (Long Pants, Boot, Lace up Shoes, 1/4 length Sleeved Shirts (no tank tops). Must adhere to 10mph Speed Limit on facility when NOT on track.
Meeting Location (Cruise) & Time: 04:30 am at the Dulles Expo Center on the day of the event. We will cruise up to the Sheets, usually arrive at between 06:15-06:30 am. Bathroom Breaks, Refreshments, food. The to the Main Gate at 07:00 am, line up at the gate and;

1. Check In (Pay or check payment status if pre-paid)
2. Sign Liability Waiver
3. Issued participant wrist band
4. Issued participant registration card, large portion is to be filled out and brought back to Ceece at the registration table.
5. from there you find a place to set up in the grass and listed for the announcements from the tower.

Non Members: if you have friends and other car clubs that are interested in participating have them contact Ceece Coburn directly at Enforcir@gmail.com

We are currently taking pre-payments NOW, so get yours in ASAP.

Post subject: Re: NVMC Track Rental April 27, 2013
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:35 pm 
President
President

Thanks for posting this Bob.

If anyone has any questions I am more then happy to respond here or via PM

James

1967 Fastback 289, C4, Magnum 500 wheels, Long Tubes

1989 LX Notchback 5.0 supercharged SSP too much to list

2011 GT some basic bolt on goodies

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:56 pm 
Past President
Past President

This is always a good time! I went last year and had a blast. This year I think its time to take Nightmare! :thumbsup2:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:43 pm 

I may be up for this. I'll have to see whats left of my car after I go to Summit point at the end of April.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:57 pm 

I'm there! Had a great time last year and have been waiting to run again.

Ron

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:26 pm 
President
President

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:13 pm 

On the 27th I'll be on my way back from summit point. I might come by on my way home, I'll have to play this by ear. Depends on how much tread life I have left. If nothing else it would be fun to watch.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:06 pm 
President
President

If you are interested in participating in the track rental it is important that you pre-pay. Its $52 via paypal, and a savings of $23 at the gate.

If we dont get the necissary 40 pre-paid attendees this event will be cancelled. Money is fully refundable in case of incliment weather, or if you have to cancel (must be 24 hours in advance of race day) in order to get a refund.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:14 am 

James - just making sure we are still on for the 27th?

Ron

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:41 pm 
President
President

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:24 pm 

Bob, I hope to see you there with Nightmare. I will get a video of me whipping your ass down the track! How's she running? :burnout: You will definitely need more than the '09 this time. Love this event. Hope the weather holds up and stays colder than last time...New supercharger likes the cold weather!! :btu:

Attachments:
vlcsnap-2013-04-24-22h40m01s150resize.png
vlcsnap-2013-04-24-22h40m01s150resize.png [ 422.12 KiB | Viewed 5927 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:52 pm 

James

Glad to hear we are a go. Now if I can just burn of 7 gallons of 87 octane gas before then so I can put the good stuff in.

Ron

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:42 am 
President
President

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:03 pm 

Does anyone know if they sell racing fuel at that gas station just before the track?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:12 pm 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

No race fuel at the gas station. But the track has it some times. My last time there they started selling race fuel about a hour into the event.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:15 pm 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

Anyone cruising to the track from Baltimore or White Marsh? Maybe we can cruise together to the MtAiry meetup.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:02 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Just make sure that you don't purchase any gas from "Starvin Marvin"! :yikes:

Sorry but I just couldn't pass this up. Years ago my brother was driving on I95 coming home from Virginia Beach I believe when he stopped to get gas. Looking for the cheapest gas he could find he went to Starvin Marvin's and got gas so bad that he had to rebuilt his carburetor! :nono:

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:26 pm 
President
President

I want to thank everyone who came out today to join us! Dave Rummel, I owe you one sir!

Our goal is for everyone to have a great time and want to come back for other rentals that we do. Sometimes cars breakdown and its always nice to see other members help each other in a time of need. Once again my personal thanks goes out to Dave Rummel.

James

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:48 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

I'm sure that everyone who attended your NVMC Track event today had a great time. Hopefully no one damaged their cars or had any mechanical breakdowns during the day.

Dave is definitely "The Man" in our club. He is involved in a lot of areas of the club and is always willing to help out whenever possible.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:33 pm 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

I did not do much. I used my AAA membership to help a MCoM member tow their car to the shop and lent Ryan of NoVa a floor jack so he could find his antifreeze leak. Luckily neither had any major damage. Unlike the one Mustang the lost a torque box and driver side wheel was against the body panel.

Oh, I also let Susan spank my Cobra twice.

First Run:
Second Run:

My 2nd Best Run of the day (13.54):

First Run with Ron:
I was going to cut the light a little closer, but decided to not risk red lighting when I saw Ron pull up next to me