[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 7:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ford Nationals at Carlisle
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:09 am 

Is the club doing anything special for the Ford Nationals in Carlisle June 1-3? This will be my first time there and I thought in the past club members met and parked together but I haven't seen anything in the forums about this year.

Glenn

Post subject: Re: Ford Nationals at Carlisle
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:49 am 
Treasurer
Treasurer

This will the first time since 2008 that I will not be particpating with the club at the Ford Nationals on June 1st.

As much as I enjoy attending the show and placing my car on the showfield, my back condition with the spinal stenosis makes it very hard for me to walk around and enjoy the show.

Beside that, my wife and I are taing a cruise in mid June and I do not want to aggravate my back and possibly mess up our cruise. After I return home from the cruise I will be scheduling minimally invasive back surgery with a neurosurgeon to take the pressure off of the three pinced nerves in my lower lumbar spine.

Carlisle is such a nice place to show your car, meeting interesting people, see some fantastic cars and get new ideas for upgrading my car. Hopefully next year I'll be pain free so that I can really enjoy the show.

We come home the day before the Century Car Show and I'm hoping to participate in that.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:17 pm 

I will be there with Team Shelby-NE Division which is celebrating Shelby's 50th Anniv. concurrently with the Ford Carlisle event. I'm told Shelby will be the Featured Marque this year.
If you and others are going let's try to find one another. :btu:
Jim

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 2:46 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

I'm glad to hear that Carlisle is featuring the Shelby's this year to mark the 50th anniversary of the Shelby brand.

This should make this a really interesting show! :btu:

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:54 pm 

Just got my sticker to go onto the field. kool beans.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:50 am 
Newsletter Editor
Newsletter Editor

Heidi and I will be there for the first time as well this year. We're regestered for Fri-Sun and the Parade, and we will be parked with the Roush Road Crew(RRC). Hopefully we'll see some of you while we're there.

Adam+Heidi

P.S. For the people who have been before, is Carlisle a judged or popular vote type event?

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 1:40 pm 

I think it is both if I'm not mistaken. It's been a couple of years since I've been there. They have judges that come around and look at the cars but then each participant gets a card that they can go around and vote as well. If you are to be judged you have to be parking within your category...such as 1999-2004 Mustang Stock. So if you're parked with another group or the club then you will not be judged but you could still pick up a participant vote.

I never worried about a trophy when I was there so I would just park with the club.

by , on Flickr
Some people are like Slinkys. They have no purpose, but they sure bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:44 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

I believe that Dave is right about the judging. As a participant you receive a voters card as part of your registration package and are entitled to vote on cars within your registration class, like stock, modified, etc. This is a popular vote by your peers.

My brother who has a 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse had his car judged at an Import & Specialty Show at Carlisle ad had to take his car to certain area to be individually judged. I'm not sure if they use that procedure at a big show like Carlisle.

If you want your car to be judged you'll have to park it in a designated area so that the judges can do it in an efficient manner.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:17 pm 

didnt make it last year, but think Im gonna go this year to see what goodies I can find for the fox. Anything with a tent this year?

1985 Mustang Gt Red convertible

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 5:22 pm 

I had planned on going up early on Friday and stay til Sunday, now it looks like there is a good chance of rain/storms on Friday afternoon and evening. So, if I still go up early on Friday, park in the show field until the rain is about to arrive, can I leave anytime I want or do I have to stay in the show lot until after a certain time? Do attendees have to be in the show lot all three days? Thanks.

Glenn

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:13 am 

You can come and go as you please from the showfield. I think they close it late at night maybe...we've gone back after dinner and there aren't too many cars there but the fields are still open.

by , on Flickr
Some people are like Slinkys. They have no purpose, but they sure bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:04 pm 

I plan on being up there with my 93GT... Im hoping to get there early enough to park on the show field. Not much to look at but beats paying for parking outside.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:38 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Show field parking for the event is not only cost effective but you can park close to where the action is! It beats having to walk from outside the facility and you can come and go as you please. :grinking:

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:04 pm 

Did the CJ Pony Cruise, 128 ponys and no rain. I got a surprise as we headed out at 6am. I installed some UDPs yesterday that I had powder coated. I was not thinking as the water pump pulley was fully coated meaning that the belt gets to slip reminding me of my lapse that judgement. It loudly (embarrassingly) squeals quite merrily depending upon the rpms served to it. Needless to say I went for OD ASAP. anyway, Sold some tail light bezels which paid my Ford Nats admission.

Usual Fri Carlisle crowd in the morning but mid afternoon warnings of severe storms and HAIL chased most of us out. Goody bag is useful if you need to start a fire. Shelbys EVERYWHERE. They changed (screwed up) the class show areas, I found myself at the far extreme facing the sellers hill. Ugg. I persevered and found an understanding official man that re-registered me as a 2005 which allowed me to leave the exile area and go be with the S197 gang.

If you have been there before - no surprises, if not you need to go if just to cross it off your bucket list.

I know this is very late to post but I have a empty passenger seat for Sat, as Linda has declined to return to the scene.