[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Catoctin Mountain Cruise 2011 Sunday, 10-23rd
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:25 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

I had hoped to make this years cruise but my doctor and physical therapist both agree that I should not be participating in this cruise. It turns out that I have DJD or Degenerative Joint Disease in my left hip and it will take some time before I can walk or do anything without pain.

Besides, the pain meds I'm taking are really strong! They put you to sleep!

I'll be looking at a hip replacement in the near future as I am just about bone on bone and the pain is getting harder to live with and function.

Looks like you'll be having great weather for your cruise and I hope that everyone has a wonderful and safe cruise!

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:40 am 

I'm looking forward to meeting every one I will be at mt airy pizza hut this is my first event since joining the club :btu:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:12 am 

Dan Heagy, Connie and I will meet you guys up at Mt. Airy. :3gears:

by , on Flickr
Some people are like Slinkys. They have no purpose, but they sure bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:31 am 

Hey Everyone!

We'll most likely just head out on eye-70 and if you see a "11" Grey Metallic Mustang flashing its head lights at you its us!
Looking forward to the cruise

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:23 am 

Are we meeting at Carney park-n-ride at 7am & leaving by 7:30am? Is that the plan?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:29 am 

OK, Dan and Dave are NOT meeting at Carney P & R but are going directly to Mt. Airy from Aberdeen. I have no one the is a for sure meeting. So, I need a hood count to know if I even need to meet at Carney P & R. Otherwise, I will go another shorter/faster way from my home. If I do not hear from anyone by 7:00pm tonight, I will make other plans.

FYI, the Mt. Airy exit on Rt 70 is well marked. Go straight ahead at the light. It is on the right across from Mac Dee. There is a gas station there as well.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:05 am 
Membership Manager
Membership Manager

Hey Scott,
Do you know what frequency we should monitor on the 2-way?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:10 am 

What time is every body meeting in mt airy and it is pizzahut

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:03 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:04 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:10 pm 

I figured leaving Carney at 7:30 gives us two hours to make Fredrick by 9:30. Meeting at Mt. Airy at 8:00 arrives at State Farm even earlier. I am willing to meet at Carney at 7:00 but not any earlier.

Last edited by KryptonKnight on Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:24 pm 
Past President
Past President

A bunch of us are meeting at Ron's house in Ellicott City and heading to the Pizza Butt in Mt. Airy from there.

FRS radios use channel 7.

2014 Deep Impact Blue/Red Stripes GT Premium 5.0
1967 Notchback 289 - A true barn find!
In God we trust. All others are run through NCIC.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:24 pm 

I'll just meet everyone in Mt Airy. See you all in the morning.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:29 pm 
Past President
Past President

Ill be at the Mt. Airy Pizza Hut at 7:45. That way I can get some breakfast at Mcdonalds. Its in the same parking lot for those who want a bite before we start the cruise.

My cell # is 443-340-3086. Please note this for tomorrow. YOU WILL NEED IT! :3gears:

Can anyone PLEASE print some copies of the route for others? My printer decided it wanted to die tonight. I need about 50 copies. If I can get 5 people to print 10 that would be a HUGE help! :btu:
Thanks!!

Attachments:
mcomcmcdirections.doc.pdf [188.91 KiB]
Downloaded 206 times

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:14 am 

I'm printing out 10 of them. See ya in a few. :btu:

Radios are set to channel 7.

by , on Flickr
Some people are like Slinkys. They have no purpose, but they sure bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:18 am 
Past President
Past President

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:35 am 
Past President
Past President

10 copies on the way!

2014 Deep Impact Blue/Red Stripes GT Premium 5.0
1967 Notchback 289 - A true barn find!
In God we trust. All others are run through NCIC.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:51 pm 

Thanks to everyone that made this cruise a great success! From Bob's masterful skill at keeping us together...about as well as anyone can keep that many Mustangs together (as I said before "Kinda like herding cats")...to Rick's wonderful BBQ skills...and to everyone that brought their ponies out to run. It was great to see the new faces and the old faces we never get tired of seeing. LOL! Connie and I took lots of video and I've looked it over and it seems it came out pretty well. Now to get it all together and pick some music and relive it again.

by , on Flickr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:14 pm 

I want to thank bob and every one in the club for a great cruise it was my first event with the club my self and my daughter had a great time even though she's only two she couldn't have been better :3gears:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:16 pm 

Thank you Bob for organizing this awesome cruise, and to all the volunteers that helped out. Had a blast today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next