[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Baltimore Grand Prix
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:19 am 

Sorry can't make the MCA show but going to the Grand Prix downtown tomorrow. should be a blast. weather looks good for Friday and Saturday. iffy for Sunday. only going Friday and Saturday. going to take alot of pictures and get to do parade laps around on the course. not sure if we can do 130 or not. lol. anyway going with my brother. can't wait.

Post subject: Re: Baltimore Grand Prix
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:58 pm 

Hey Dan, give me a call when you get there--I'm working the race all three days--I'll be stationed at pit road from 1 pm until...checking credentials--My cell is 410-961-9650--I have "all-access" credentials---The only place I can't be is in a driver seat!--I'm really going to check out Danica Patricks credentials--Closely

Look for the folks in the blue shirts--I'll be one of them--I had thought about the MCA show but this came up and I couldn't pass it up--

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:34 am 

Will do Don ty.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:39 am 

Well i went to the Grand Prix Friday and Saturday and as everyone was saying that traffic was some of a nightmare but if you drive around the city on the beltway you should be used to nightmares. but i think Baltimore did a fantastic job with the Grand Prix and the course. alot of walking since my brother and I parked at the car corral with the other cars there. i got a chance to sneak in with the Jaguar club to do a parade lap around the race track. that was alot of fun. the straight away is long and i heard they were getting speeds up to 165 which i could see happening. that part of the track is a little bumpy but doing 165 who cares. i tried hooking up with Mach 1 Don but kept missing each other. i think that is the best thing that happened to Baltimore in a long time. everyone is getting tired of our losing our so called baseball team. i guess they will have to look at the long time figures to see what the profit is going to be. every where we walked things were packed and the was not an empty seat in the stands we sat at. i think the club should try to get into the corral next year and do the parade lap and then you full access to everywhere at the event. great job Baltimore. ty for a great event.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:26 am 

I'm sorry we kept missing each other--Saturday and Sunday I was stationed at the lower end of pit road checking credentials for access--I think I could have got you on pit road up close--I saw I had a missed call from you but even with my phone on vibrate, when those cars are that close and they start firing up your bones vibrate--Maybe next year--I already signed up for next year

Like Dan said it was an awesome expierence--I got up close and actually helped Will Powers pit crew break down their pit box--They were right there in pit 1 where I was stationed--They said that Will really liked the course and they are looking forward to coming back--They had nothing but compliments for the job Baltimore did on the race

Lets see if I can recall some highlights from the weekend--It was jam packed but here are a few of them--Michael Andretti ran over my foot with his scooter--I helped Dario Franchitti find the bathrooms and Chip Ganassi ran into me with his scooter handlebars,btw he's a very rude and arrogant person--He showed up on Sunday with his scooter and tried to park it where he wasn't supposed to, actually blocking emergency access--I spoke and said "I'll take care of your scooter Mr Ganassi and put it over here and watch it for you"--He got off the scooter, didn't say thanks and didn't even look at me--Just walked over to the pit box--When he ran into me, he was trying to go through a very narrow area with his scooter and I was standing there, I tried to move but he didn't even slow down and hit me in the back with his handlebars--Again no acknowledgement that I was even there

Other than that it was a great time and I can't wait to do it again--What made it even better is that my friend ahd a room at the Hilton for all 3 nights so it was real convient to get out and about

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:34 pm 

The Grand Prix was A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!!! I was seated towards the end of the straightaway a few hundred yards from the turn one braking point. So I saw 180mph as they went by...And seeing that speed live on Pratt Street is simply amazing!

We took the light-rail which dropped us off right at the entry gate. Completely avoided traffic & parking issues. That is absolutely the way to go to the Grand Prix.

We got back to the car corale late, after the race, so most of the car club cars had already left, but what was still there were some awesome cars...Lambo Countach, Ferrari F355 spider, Ferrari 308, lots of older 911's, BMW's, Aston Martins, Maserati and even a Tesla.

I've got some video clips that I need to download & will post soon. Very cool event & can't wait until next year!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:43 pm 

Here's a few pics & video. Pics are dark as I was messing with the seetings on my little point & shoot camera to catch a Indy car speeding by at 180mph and not be a complete blur.

I think he might be exceeding the speed limit..HA!

Danica Patrick

Will Power - THE WINNER

Start of the Race

Full Speed at 180mph+ Down the Front Straightaway (Usually called Pratt Street)

Coming off Turn #1

Sweeping Turn #2

Under Yellow Flag

Will Power Crossing the Finish Line for the Win!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:13 pm 

Tina and I were there Friday for practice and got to walk around everywhere, have to agree with everyone..AWESOME event and looking forward to going again next year!! :banana2: