[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Carlisle All Ford Nationals- June 3-5
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:44 pm 

For anyone going down to Carlisle this weekend, Mustang Club of Maryland has a tent with Mustang Club of Central PA.

A map will be posted shortly.

Have fun!

Post subject: Re: Carlisle All Ford Nationals- June 3-5
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:22 pm 

Zee map:

http://www.mustangclubofmd.com/images/2 ... ap_CS3.jpg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:50 pm 

Gonna be a great weekend weather wise, will be working hope everyone enjoys themselves, Carlisle is alot of fun!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:10 pm 

I am not sure what format you sent the map, but I can not view it. Can you go the show for just one day or do you have to go for the entire show?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:36 pm 

You can go for 1 day or all 3 days if you desire. You can leave whenever you want. There is alot to see and do.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:03 pm 

The first map was just a jpg file (the same as all of the other pics on the site) but for anyone that has trouble viewing it, here is the map in pdf format:

http://www.mustangclubofmd.com/images/2 ... ap_CS3.pdf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:08 pm 
Membership Manager
Membership Manager

Does anyone know what the parking situation is at the fairgrounds. Is there parking by the club tent or is it street parking
Errol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:21 pm 

there has always been parking next to the tent the past few years we have gone. not sure what parking will be like sharing the tent with another club

1985 Mustang Gt Red convertible

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:35 pm 

CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN to Brian and Lisa. What a track record of wins.

2006 SAMS, LISA & BRIAN 1993 FORD MUSTANG POLICE FIRST PLACE
FACTORY MOD CARS INCL.POLICE VEH(EXCL SALEEN)
SAMS, BRIAN & LISA 1979 FORD F-150 THIRD PLACE
1967-1979 TRUCK STOCK

2007 SAMS, LISA & BRIAN 1989 FORD MUSTANG LX50 FIRST PLACE
1987 - 1993 5.0 MUSTANG STOCK

2008 SAMS, LISA & BRIAN 1979 FORD F150 FIRST PLACE
1987 - 1993 5.0 MUSTANG - STOCK

2009 SAMS, LISA & BRIAN 1993 FORD MUSTANG FIRST PLACE
1987 - 1993 5.0 MUSTANG - STOCK

2010 SAMS, LISA & BRIAN 1991 FORD MUSTANG LX 5.0 FIRST PLACE
FACTORY MODS - INC. POLICE VEH (EXC. SALEEN)

2011 SAMS, LISA & BRIAN 1991 FORD MUSTANG LX 5.0 FIRST PLACE
2011 SAMS, LISA & BRIAN 1989 FORD MUSTANG LX 5.0 SECOND PLACE
FACTORY MODS - INC. POLICE VEH (EXC. SALEEN)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:55 pm 

Laura got third in the late model GT/CS class.

Thanks Paul for her hood prop. We got a lot of questions and compliments on that, hope somebody pings you for one.
John

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:59 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

My brother Alan and I attended the Ford Nationals at Carlisle again this year. Because the issues I'm having with my back and hips we decided to park near the building where they give out the Goody Bags.

We came on both Friday and Saturday. Saturday afternoon the rains came at about 3:15 pm and it rained pretty steady for about 45 minutes.

The cars participating in the burn out contest were parked in the staging area right in front of my car. Being that we had set up our canopy we became the community shelter for several Mustang owners and three of the participants in the burn out contest.

One of the participants was our own Highwayman, Greg. I was able to take some nice photos of the burn out contest so I'll post the ones with Greg in them here on the forum.

He did us proud! The competition was fierce but Greg was prepared. He wrapped the back of his car with a protective plastic covering and had bought 2 old tires that he was determined to blow! :3gears:

Greg put on a real nice display of power and burned rubber for close to the three minute limit before the two tires gave out. He buried us in smoke and at one time led in the voting. It seems that so many cars were outdoing each other that it was ultimately the last vehicle, a Ford P/U truck that won the hearts of the fans.

I had an opportunity to visit with our friend John Clor of Ford Racing who was celebrating the 40th anniversary of the Ford Pinto. There were quite a few Pinto owners there with their cars and Carlisle noted the special occasion.

I'm disappointed that I could not walk around too much and take photos of the club tent or our members cars but I was lucky to even be at the event myself.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian

Attachments:
Image439.jpg
Image439.jpg [ 113.02 KiB | Viewed 5388 times ]
Image438.jpg
Image438.jpg [ 121.76 KiB | Viewed 5388 times ]
Image437.jpg
Image437.jpg [ 112.6 KiB | Viewed 5388 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:00 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

More photos of the Highwayman!

Attachments:
Image442.jpg
Image442.jpg [ 101.55 KiB | Viewed 5388 times ]
Image441.jpg
Image441.jpg [ 95.11 KiB | Viewed 5388 times ]
Image440.jpg
Image440.jpg [ 115.2 KiB | Viewed 5388 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:02 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

More photos!

Midnight Blue

Attachments:
Image445.jpg
Image445.jpg [ 115.91 KiB | Viewed 5388 times ]
Image444.jpg
Image444.jpg [ 108.08 KiB | Viewed 5388 times ]
Image443.jpg
Image443.jpg [ 101.6 KiB | Viewed 5388 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:17 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

While I took dozens of photos at Carlisle, here are a few to show some of the activities on the field, the show car buildings, and the fairgrounds themselves.

Midnight Blue

Attachments:
Image383.jpg
Image383.jpg [ 128.37 KiB | Viewed 5386 times ]
Image368.jpg
Image368.jpg [ 130.13 KiB | Viewed 5386 times ]
Image360.jpg
Image360.jpg [ 131.1 KiB | Viewed 5386 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:19 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

More photos!

Midnight Blue

Attachments:
Image430.jpg
Image430.jpg [ 127.17 KiB | Viewed 5386 times ]
Image426.jpg
Image426.jpg [ 146.05 KiB | Viewed 5386 times ]
Image397.jpg
Image397.jpg [ 117.33 KiB | Viewed 5386 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:34 pm 

Awesome pics!

Here's an aftershot of the tires involved:

Anyone looking for a slightly used set of tires, I may have only put a couple miles on them! :burnout:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:10 am 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Greg,

I'm glad that you found the post and pictures of your car during the tire burnout session at Carlisle.

With all of the rain coming down I wasn't sure how they were going to pull off the burnout contest although they mentioned that it would be held rain or shine.

Maybe the guy with the 87' T-Bird who came from Arizona could have used another set of tires as he shredded his pretty good too!

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:20 am 

I was hoping to destroy that set better than I did, but I'm glad I stopped when I did. Had that tire separated any further, it may have caused some good damage to Highway.

Also, Highway did take first in the 99-04 GT Coupe Stock class!

Congrats to all the other winners from MCOM!