[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Club Tech Day - Jan 5, 2008
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:04 pm 

CLUB TECH DAY
WHEN: JANUARY 5, 2008 (Rain date = 1/12/08)
WHERE: At Rick Hinkle's house, 6216 Hamilton Ave, rear, Rosedale, MD 21237

Rick & I have been talking about doing some work on my car & thought it might be a good excuse to get some club members together. We could always use some extra hands & it would be a great learning opportunity for those that may consider doing future work on a modern Stang. I'd also like to invite the "Experts" that we have in the club to help do things the right way (I'm a novice & still learning about working on my Stang).

The tech session would cover the following:
1. Upgrading brake rotors & pads
2. Installation of X-type mid-pipe & replacing O2 sensors
3. Fuel filter replacement
4. Tire rotation (That’s the exciting part I’m sure you’ll all come for)

As a thank you for helping out, I was going to buy pizzas & beverages for lunch for everyone.

I’d assume we could start sometime mid-morning (9AM/10AM-ish) and work for a couple hours. Honestly I’m not sure how long everything will take to get done. I think the fuel filter would be a 10-15 minute job. The X-pipe would be about 1-hour. And I’m hoping the brakes don’t take more than 2-hours. Of course you know how things workout when you try to set a timetable to car repairs. Most cases you need to double the estimated time. Plus there’s all the bs’ing between turning wrenches.

Please post up if you are interested or have any suggestions. I'd like to get a headcount so I have an idea how much I'll be spending for lunch. Please feel free to e-mail or contact me if you have any questions.

Hope to see you all there!

Last edited by CoreyJo on Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:41 pm 

I should be there, sounds like fun. :btu:

The brakes won't take too long. We have floating rotors, I think, so you won't even have to repack the bearings or anything. The fuel filter on my F-150 game me a fit trying to get those connectors undone and I bought the tool to do it. Finally gave up and took it to a shop and they had a tough time as well so I didn't feel so bad.

by , on Flickr
Some people are like Slinkys. They have no purpose, but they sure bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:00 pm 

I think I may join the crew :banana2: , I'm thinking of switching x-pipes again..what a luxury of having 2 to swap! And I need to put my stock wheels back on for winter. The x-pipe swap is easily done within an hour, depending on how stubborn the 02's are, and I've done my own brakes already, both sides in less than an hour. Fuel filter is an easy one!! That tire rotation may be the tricky part...it's getting the rear ones to roll frontward that's time consuming!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:27 pm 

rotate the tires? don't they do that while you drive?? :yikes:

I'll be there for guidance and to lend a hand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:40 pm 

That sounds fun, I'm in as long as I get to be a supervisor.
:notworking: Just kidding I'll help.

Post subject: me too
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:14 pm 
I'll be there, always want to learn something new

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:35 pm 
Site admin
Site admin

Bah, I'll be in PA visiting the parents. :banghead:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:41 pm 

Directions to Rick's house...

6216 Hamilton Ave, rear, Rosedale, MD 21237

695 beltway to Philadelphia Road (route 7) westbound (inside the beltway - towards the city). Go about 1.5 miles on Route 7 and make a right at Hamilton Avenue (traffic light). Go about 0.3 mile and make a right into the private road named "Hinkle Lane" (immediately after Montrose Ave). Proceed to the last house on the private road - through the white picket fence and continue around to the rear garage.

Attachments:
6216hamiltonmap.JPG
6216hamiltonmap.JPG [ 52.92 KiB | Viewed 5278 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:32 pm 

Here's what I've got for Tech day:
-Baer brake discs (front & rear)
-EBC brake pads (front & rear)
-Bassani o/r X-pipe
-2 New O2 sensors
-Fuel filter (still need to purchase)

Are there any other things that I need to get prior to install? ...Gaskets, fluids, etc? Any special tools required? I know the fuel filter has a tool to help removal. Does anyone have that tool. If not, I'll just buy one.

Look forward to seeing everyone!

Thanks,
CJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:11 pm 
Past President
Past President

I have the tool. Your welcome to borrow it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:26 am 

Post subject: Tech day
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:52 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:42 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:04 am 
Past President
Past President

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:35 am