[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: One Plate ??
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:57 am 

Use material and your own thoughts in a letter to MD. lawmakers in support of the one Plate Bill. Check out the SEMA Action Network web site.
http://echo.bluehornet.com/hostedemail/ ... =D7k4K5NUN

Post subject: Re: One Plate ??
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:00 pm 

I wonder if the registration would be reduced with this one plate deal? That would be awesome if this happened but greedy politicians in this state would never really let become a law.

:banghead:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:39 pm 

I got stopped 40 in 30 and during the conversation, the officer said MD made $70,000 in no front plate tickets and that they would never let that go.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:39 pm 

Well so far I haven't gotten stopped for this yet although my plate is in my front windscreen. I am mixed with the issue and if the cops are stopping for that infraction I would think nothing gets past the police/sheriff/staties on the revenue side of the job.

:yikes:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:02 pm 

The windshield is not affixed to the front of the car as the law requires. It still is a ticket-able offense depending on the officer.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:44 pm 

Well hopefully this bill will float and we'll all go single plate. Yes I know I am skirting rules and so far it hasn't jammed me up.

:usaflag:

Post subject: Re: IMPORTANT DO IT NOW - UPDATE One Plate ??
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:31 am 

UPDATE
Maryland Bills to Allow Single License Plate for Hobby Cars to be Considered on Feb. 24 & 26, 2015
Senate legislation (S.B. 380) to require the issuance of only a single license plate for historic vehicles and street rods will be considered in committee on Tuesday, February 24, 2015. Identical House legislation (H.B. 524) will be considered in committee on Thursday, February 26, 2015.
We Urge You to Contact Members of the Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee and the House Environment and Transportation Committee (Contact Info Below) Immediately to Request Support for S.B. 380 and H.B. 524

S.B. 380/H.B. 524 would save money, conserve resources and bring Maryland in line with other states that are moving to a single plate requirement.

S.B. 380/H.B. 524 would protect the aesthetic contours of collector cars and relieve vehicle owners of the burden of having to create mounting holes on some original bumpers.

For those interested in attending and testifying in support of these bills, to follow is the hearing information. Please let us know if you plan to testify:

What: S.B. 380
When: Tuesday, February 24, 2015
Time: 1:00 p.m.
Where: Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee
2 East, Miller Senate Building
Annapolis, MD 21401

What: H.B. 524
When: Thursday, February 26, 2015
Time: 1:00 p.m.
Where: House Environment and Transportation Committee
Room 251
House Office Building
Annapolis, MD 21401

DON’T DELAY! Please contact members of the Maryland Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee and the House Environment and Transportation Committee immediately by phone or e-mail to request their support for S.B. 380 and H.B. 524.

Please e-mail a copy of your letter to Steve McDonald at stevem@sema.org. Also, please forward this Alert to your fellow car enthusiasts. Urge them to join the SAN and help defend the hobby! Thank you for your assistance.

Maryland Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee

To e-mail all Committee members, copy and paste the email address block below:

bobby.zirkin@senate.state.md.us; lisa.gladden@senate.state.md.us; jim.brochin@senate.state.md.us; Bob.Cassilly@senate.state.md.us; michael.hough@senate.state.md.us; susan.lee@senate.state.md.us; anthony.muse@senate.state.md.us; wayne.norman@senate.state.md.us; victor.ramirez@senate.state.md.us; jamie.raskin@senate.state.md.us; justin.ready@senate.state.md.us

Maryland House Environment and Transportation Committee

To e-mail all Committee members, copy and paste the email address block below:

kumar.barve@house.state.md.us; dana.stein@house.state.md.us; Carl.Anderton@house.state.md.us; pamela.beidle@house.state.md.us; alfred.carr@house.state.md.us; Andrew.Cassilly@house.state.md.us; Bob.Flanagan@house.state.md.us; david.fraser.hidalgo@house.state.md.us; barbara.frush@house.state.md.us; jim.gilchrist@house.state.md.us; anne.healey@house.state.md.us; marvin.holmes@house.state.md.us; jay.jacobs@house.state.md.us; Tony.Knotts@house.state.md.us; stephen.lafferty@house.state.md.us; Clarence.Lam@house.state.md.us; Cory.McCray@house.state.md.us; anthony.odonnell@house.state.md.us; charles.otto@house.state.md.us; shane.robinson@house.state.md.us; kathy.szeliga@house.state.md.us; cathy.vitale@house.state.md.us

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:54 am 

K-K man you've posted a lot of good stuff and I'll send my concerns and hopefully if more provide valid point this could lend itself a good change.

I am not sure if this come back and haunt us in the future as I know I can't politically see the agendas down the road. So all I can do is present my points and hope these are taken in consideration.