[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Idiots on Car Related TV Shows
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:06 pm 
Vice President
Vice President

I have never seen the tv show Fast N Loud but i did see the commercial the other week when they were trying to buy the early gen Mustang from the lady and that brief promo showed me the type of people on the show, especially the tall skinny guy with the goatee trying to be Joe Cool. Ive also seen this kind of stuff on other shows, such as one that has an older man that is suppose to be this great buyer of antique and classic cars. You DONT go running your hands all over the paint on someone elses car and you sure as heck dont go leaning on someones car. Its a sign of an amateur that is ignorant and disrespect of other peoples property. And they are suppose to be these great car experts? More like true blue idiots. True car enthusiasts have respect for other peoples cars. You dont see MCOM people mistreating other peoples cars like that.

Post subject: Re: Idiots on Car Related TV Shows
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:46 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

These reality type shows are always pushing the envelope to garner reactions Bruce. These guys from Gas Monkey Garage make a big show of how they come across cars that they can restore and sell for a very nice markup and profit. But like you I am not impressed with their attitudes or their behavior when it comes to dealing with peoples property. :angry:
It seems that every other month a new car based reality show comes along. They are cheap to produce but they do not represent the real world.

Of all of the car based reality shows I like "Overhaulin" the best. The story pretense may be a little corny but what they can do in a week is amazing! Chip Foose is an absolute genius when it comes to designing and building cars! :btu:

The Red Baron
MCOM Treasurer, Historian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:31 pm 

I enjoy GMG. Yes they are morons but that is how they get ratings. So many of these stupid reality shows generate drama just cause they think it sells.

'07 Torch Red Convertible GT

'06 Torch Red Convertible V6(traded in)
1979 Indy Pace car I4T(retired to pasture in OK)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:37 am 

I watch all of these shows as well. Reality isn't really reality in any of these. I'm sure all of this is set up well beforehand and they've already agreed to a price etc before they go out. I'm sure most people wouldn't like an entire camera crew showing up just because you have a car for sale. I agree though they should act like they have respect for other's property as if they are seeing the car for the very first time. I have grief with some of these shows also when they are grinding or welding without any eye protection. If they don't want to protect themselves how good is the car going to be that they build?

I've heard bad things about Overhaulin' also. Most cars aren't as done as say they are and there is some shoddy work. I thought at the end of every show they should have the owner driving it around. Some shows they do that and some they don't but at least they start the engine. You can't build a quality car in a week no matter who you are.

by , on Flickr
Some people are like Slinkys. They have no purpose, but they sure bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:28 am 
Treasurer
Treasurer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:14 am 

I was reading these posts and I guess a few things I feel come to the surface with these shows. First I don't think love of cars is the number one as it is like flipping a home as this is about the end result $$$$. GMG is all about the bottom line and Richard Rawlings likes cars as it has allowed him to have a lifestyle. Foose and Rousch love cars and also have some cool designs for purchase and are iconic.

Foose has a different approach as he is a designer and GMG doesn't design as much as they may use or modify what they have as a means to hustle a sale.

I've been to GMG and I like the show although I take it face value that it is all about the fazules $$$$. You know Foose changed his show as the cars he originally repaired were too labor intensive and it was a lot more out of pocket to the sponsors and then I noticed they were getting cars that needed help and could turn around easier on the show.

To me these shows are mindless entertainment and I learn something's and I feel quite confident I'd not buy a car from GMG.