[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Thanks Everyone!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:48 pm 
President
President

I want to thank everyone for the "Get Well Soon" card! I was touched by it and am proud to be a part of such a fantastic club!

Update: I had reconstructive surgery on my hand on Wednesday, and will be a long process to recuperate from this injury, but the surgeon was very confident that I will have full use of my hand after all is said and done, and an interesting scar.

I have not let the injury slow me down much, but am being cautious with it. Amazingly I have yet to take any pain relievers of any kind, but I have an extremly high threshold for pain.

On the 21st of November I will get a hard cast for aproximately 2 weeks, then I will start therapy on the hand which will take several months.

Look forward to seeing everyone at the December meeting.

1967 Fastback 289, C4, Magnum 500 wheels, Long Tubes

1989 LX Notchback 5.0 supercharged SSP too much to list

2011 GT some basic bolt on goodies

Post subject: Re: Thanks Everyone!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:10 am 
Past President
Past President

Thanks James for all you do behind the scenes for us! :thumbsup2:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:20 am 

Good luck with your recovery and stay positive!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:09 pm 
President
President

Had my appointment today, and finally got to see my hand for the first time in 3 weeks (briefly) the stitches from surgery were removed, and the surgeon was very pleased with the results and my strength in both fingers that he fixed. I am now in a Bright Yellow Florescent cast (Think highlighter yellow) that for the first time in three weeks allows me to bend the middle, ring and pinky finger. The surgeon wants me to start to move them back and forth so that the scar tissue inside my hand doesn't form around the new tendons and make things worse for me. This will be on for 2 weeks then I will start therapy the same day the cast is removed.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:05 pm 
Vice President
Vice President

James,

Glad to hear of the progress. Good luck with the therapy.

Bruce

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:10 pm 
President
President

Thanks Bruce. The reality of how hard it is going to be (regaining use of hand) hit me once the bandage from surgery came off, being that I was knocked out for surgery I had no idea how traumatic the surgery was to re-attach a tendon, and repair another to my hand. The hand was still swollen from surgery two weeks ago. While I was able to pick up the middle and ring fingers, I wasn't able to do much else. In my mind I was thinking it will be a simple process (therapy) but now comprehend that it will be a while before I can use my hand.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:19 am 

James,
Hang in there!
It is hard to be patient and be a patient. At least its going into winter.
Jim :thumbsup2:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:18 pm 

James,
Been under the radar recently and just now reading about this operation. Hopefully the recovery and other stuff will go smoothly.

Keep on smiling and be well.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:25 am 
President
President

Thanks Jim

Dirk, I was wondering where you've been. Hope all is well with you, my friend

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:09 am 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:09 am 
President
President

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:35 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Good news all around Jim! :btu:

The physical therapy will be a big surprise for you Jim. It is really important that your hand is healing properly and quickly but getting your strength and flexibility back in your hand will seem agonizingly slow. Your hand has been out of commission now for quite a while and it takes time to rehabilitate it again. Just build on each therapy session and you'll be back good as new again.

The doctor also gave you good advice about reducing the scar tissue around the tendons and ligaments. If you can't get rid of the scar tissue you may wind up with a carpal tunnel problem down the road.

Just stay the course and continue to do as they say and you should be fine! :btu:

Red Baron
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:52 am 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:55 pm 
President
President

Lol :peace:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:55 pm 
President
President

Update:

Today I had the cast removed, and the surgeon was pleased with my ability. I also begin ocupational therapy today to work on getting my hand back in working order. Surgeon said to expect 2 months for the swelling to go away, and to regain strength in the hand.

I look forward to seeing everyone at the party/elections on the 14th

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:06 pm 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

That sounds like a positive outcome. Good for you. I am glad you are healing up well.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:57 pm 
President
President

saw the therapist this afternoon, really interesting guy from Glasgow. Therapy was painful and was concentrated on my wrist and since it has been immobile for 4 weeks, very painful. I was given a custom made to me brace that angles my wrist upwards which keeps the tendons safe as they are very delicate right now. I will wear this brace 24/7 except when I shower and do the exercises for wrist and tendon strengthening.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:59 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

I'm glad that everyone is satisfied with your recovery from the surgery James. Now comes the hard part, the rehab. It is painful and tiring as you've lost a lot of range of motion and strength but that will all come back slowly at first but then quite rapidly as your body responds to the physical therapy. The good news is that the surgery went well and you can expect a full recovery! :btu:

I'll see you at the meeting/holiday party next week!

The Red Baron
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:43 pm 

Glad to hear that your progressing! I unfortunately am getting surgery on my knee to repair a torn acl & meniscus. Gonna be a long road ahead :cussing:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:39 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

I'm sorry to hear about that Steven. The good news is that this type of surgery is much more minimally invasive than in the past and the healing and recovery time is much faster. Keep us posted on your progress.

The Red Baron
MCOM Treasurer-Historian