[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Sun May 26, 2024 11:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Do you have healthy pets?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:33 am 

Here is a my cat Carmine Cannoli enjoying his greek yogurt. If he doesn't get his fix every evening I have to hear about it and he is a pain about his yogurt. Yo_1.jpg
Yo_1.jpg [ 141.81 KiB | Viewed 5302 times ]

Attachments:
Yo_2.jpg
Yo_2.jpg [ 176.11 KiB | Viewed 5302 times ]

Post subject: Re: Do you have healthy pets?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:18 am 

Very cute kitty!!!!

We have healthy pets, both of our dogs love yogurt. Our kitty just kinda looks at me like "Really mom? People food...Yuck!!" of course he is also the worlds weirdest kitty.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:00 am 

I guess I should have been a vet because ihave a good heart for the pets and all of my pets have been rescues. I can say on a serious note that a place I have been working out of in in the south and down in these parts people can barely feed themselves and the shelter are full of dogs and cats. I am talking pure breds including unique breed like feists (squirrel dogs) Catahoula hog dogs and others and it just chaps me to see these critters locked up. And to get a animal fixed costs upwards to $150.00 and yet in Maryland there is all kinds of low cost places. Seems really backs wards since most of the population works and makes a good wage unlike down where I have been working.

So post your pets already so we can enjoy them.
:btu:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:54 pm 

yuppp..my 100 sumthin fish are good and my 100 lb chocolate lab she is good too.She went on the dead freddies cruise with us this past summer..

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:35 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Our family has had dogs as pets for the past 42 years. Our first two dogs were pure bred, a Long Haired Daschund and a Bassett Hound. Both of these dogs lived to be 13 years old. Our next dog was a mixed breed Retriever/Sheppard/ Rottweiler who was the sweetest dog you ever met. She lived to be 14 1/2 years old. Our latest edition is Kelsey, an American Staffordshire Terrier that we rescued from the Adopt A Pet Center here in Reisterstown, MD. She was two years old when we adopted her and now she is four years old. My wife and I have become very strong supporters of Pit Bulls as these dogs are quite lovable and wonderful pets if they are treated properly. This girl enjoys Queen status!

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

Attachments:
DSC_5009 (428x640).jpg
DSC_5009 (428x640).jpg [ 250.38 KiB | Viewed 5282 times ]
DSC_5008 (640x428).jpg
DSC_5008 (640x428).jpg [ 255.32 KiB | Viewed 5282 times ]
DSC_5004 (428x640).jpg
DSC_5004 (428x640).jpg [ 237.19 KiB | Viewed 5282 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:08 pm 

My GSD passed away this last summer and she was 11.5 and had bladder cancer. We had an agreement that if we ever noticed her suffering we'd have her put to sleep. She was a reall trooper to the very end. I was able to play with her a few weeks before she left. I was gone and I believe she waited for me to return and it just didn't happen.

My wife asked me if I cared if she got Heidi cremated? I had no issues since Heidi was mommies dog and I knew it meant a lot to my wife. We used http://www.valleypet.net/ and I have to say they were very mindful of our feelings and I think they did an outstanding job. So if that day comes and you might want your pet cremated I'd call them. Fasfox I am not sure if they will cremate fish.... :yikes: Anyways I'll post some pics of some of my other pets tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:24 am 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Having to put down a pet is one of the hardest things we ahve ever had to do. They are family. Our last dog Lulu was a rescue also and when she could no longer breathe through her nose because of the cancer we stayed with her until she passed away at age 14 1/2.

We had her cremated and the people who handled that were very comforting and supportive. When we received the remains in their special case we placed it on a special display so that we can honor her forever.

Because of our wonderful experience with Lu we decided to rescue another dog. We were not specifically looking for a Pit Bull type of dog but my wife and I fell in love with Kelsey when we first saw her at the shelter. When we had an opportunity to meet her and play with her she was so friendly and she bonded with us immediately. She turned over to let us rub her belly and then she went back to her cage to bring us one of her toys.

The shelter manager was crying and was so happy to see a happy ending for this 2 year old pup that had spent a year at the shelter. When i asked the manager hwo come she had been there so long she said that they made her unavailable to a number of prospective adopters because they wanted her to find a permanent loving home where she would not be in danger of being neglected or abused as sometimes happens with these dogs.

This is a real rags to riches story for this lucky pup as she enjoys Queen status and is spoiled rotten by her masters. :wave1:

Congratulations to our the World Champion Ravens! :pepper:

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:55 am 

I had a pit mix when I was a kid and he was with me all the time. And then my sister in law had a pit she rescued as a puppy and he was so much fun. He looked the part with the fighting and stuff but he was a baby. He came and stayed with us and Heidi was good with him and they both got on fine. Ruckus would find his way into my bed and snore and fart so bad it could knock flies off a turd wagon! He had joint issues and I fed him Purina one and in a week he was like a puppy again. Sadly Ruckus passed a year before Heidi. He just died of old age and he was 13 and I can say we gave him a nice life and he lived a good life safe and out of harms way

It is nice you have the energy and love to keep animals around and I believe they gives a lot in return. Not withstanding the extra work of feeding and walking them and other maintenance related concerns. Heidi shed a lot and ruckus not so much and the shedding part really got old and it was a lot of work keeping our home looking clean. But Heidi was part of the family and kids and cat and dogs it was a real hoot at times.

Yes the Ravens achieved a huge goal. I think SF has a long future ahead in these games and I hope the Ravens can step it up and maintain fo rthe years to come.

Attachments:
DSC00058.jpg
DSC00058.jpg [ 160.86 KiB | Viewed 5264 times ]
DSC00015.JPG
DSC00015.JPG [ 129.18 KiB | Viewed 5264 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:03 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

While many people enjoy the freedom to travel and not have to worry about caring for a pet, we believe that having a pet enriches your life and is worth the costs of maintenance, vet bills, etc.

We were willing to invest our time into taking our dogs to dog training classes where we were part of the training process. In Kelsey's case we had to hire a private dog trainer to help us walk her without pulling or becoming distracted by squirrels or other dogs. She is high energy and requires a fair amount of play time in the back yard.

We have found a wonderful place for her to stay whenever we go on vacation where she enjoys going there and interacting with other dogs. This spring I will start taking her to a local dog park where she can socialize with other dogs and get in her exercise. It is harder for me to keep up with her as she had boundless energy but she keeps me active. She was also a good companion when I was recovering from my back surgery.

Here are a few more pictures of the pup enjoying being the center of attention.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

Attachments:
DSC_4951 (428x640).jpg
DSC_4951 (428x640).jpg [ 229.79 KiB | Viewed 5263 times ]
DSC_4950 (428x640).jpg
DSC_4950 (428x640).jpg [ 254.99 KiB | Viewed 5263 times ]
DSC_4949 (640x428).jpg
DSC_4949 (640x428).jpg [ 245.43 KiB | Viewed 5263 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:33 pm 

Yeah those pit's have that terrier thing going on with all the energy. Sadly these dogs have bulls eyes because they are so dangerous. I don't agree and it is motives and how they were bred I believe are factors. If you are going to have one like you all do then they need to be able to keep them occupied like you are doing.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:00 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Kelsey is an Amstaff or an American Staffordshire Terrier. We had her to the vet this afternoon for an annual checkup. She weighs 60 pounds and all of it is muscle! She had an excellent checkup, got a Lyme Disease shot and scored 3 treats.

Even our Vet, Dr. Ron Symonds is adopting a Pit Bull puppy. He told us that he has hundreds of these dogs as patients and only 2-3 of all of those dogs have aggression problems. They were also mistreated and abused but are now in loving homes.

My friends call Kelsey a "Love muffin"! She barks and is very protective but once we tell her that everything is okay when we have guests she settles down and is very quiet. If anything she will lick you to death!

These dogs if properly trained and given loving homes are wonderful pets. Unfortunately Pit Bulls and Pit Bull Mixes are often taken and abused and trained to fight. As a breed they have been unfairly profiled and discriminated against. The media and people with an agenda are trying to eliminate the breed by sensationalizing pit bull attacks on people or other animals. In virtually every case the dogs are not being taken care of and the owners are lax in their responsibilities.

I'm an advocate for this breed and I always say punish the deed and not the breed.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:37 pm 

2 healthy rescued cats. one is a Polydexter and a younger one . both are tabbys. look like brothers but are not. the Polydexter was left at Petsmart and my coworker asked me if i wanted him and we took him in. so friendly and my younger one was given to us whos brothers and sisters were killed and he was alone so we took him in and both get along like brothers. both gray, black, white tabbys. one is about 8 and the other is about 5 . just like kids and wouldn't be without them.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:10 am 

innocent little props for our vet. My girlfriends daughter graduated vet school a couple years ago and our puppy "Cali" was one of her 1st real patients. She really is a good doc and if anyone is around the Fullerton area and needs a good vet , she works at the Fullerton Animal Hospital. her name is Dr. Rachel Kuester.. tell her... Scott recommended her :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:26 am 
Treasurer
Treasurer

I learned something from our vet the other day when we took Kelsey in for her checkup. Our Vet, Dr. Ron Symonds who owns Mountainside Veterinary Hospital in Reisterstown told us that a lot of the Ravens bring their dogs to them for their vet care.

He said that when Brian Billick was the coach of the Ravens he brought his dog there and also had many of the Ravens players do the same. He mentioned that when Torrey Smith comes to the hospital with his dog the whole staff goes nuts. They bug him for autographs and just want to ask him a lot of questions about the Ravens. He is a good sport and accomodates everyone.

Dr. Ron blew me away when he said that he offers the Ravens a discount on their vet bills! Not that they can't afford to pay their vet bills but as a gesture of graditude for the team.

My wife and I have been using Mountainside Vet Hospital since 1986 and now we qualify for a senior citizen discount. :btu:

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:06 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:42 am 

our "Cali" special :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:00 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Our previous dog, Lulu who was a mix of Rottweiler, Retreiver & Sheppard used to love to ride in our cars and SUV's. Evertime she rode in the vehicles we used to have to clean the windows of her "nose art" or slobber! :yikes:

So far Kelsey has only ridden a few times in the car as she is so hyped up that she won't stay in the back seat. I would love to take her with me as I run errands but she needs to settle down a bit before I can do that. She is only four years old but is still very much a puppy.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

Attachments:
DSC_6815 (428x640).jpg
DSC_6815 (428x640).jpg [ 237.04 KiB | Viewed 5228 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:21 pm 

^^^ Snacks^^^^^ :btu:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:47 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Kelsey is a "snackaholic"! You can't have snacks at our house without giving her something. If we have a snack that she cannot have we usually just give her doggie treats.

The other day I was watching TV and finishing off the bag of peanuts. She had her head on my knee just like in the photo patiently waiting for me to break the shells and share the peanuts with her. The only problem is that she slobbers all over my leg!

Midnight Blue
MCOM Treasurer-Historian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:32 pm 

Cali loves to take rides and gets slobber everywhere.I just clean it up...She likes the vert but when i get goingout on the highway she lays down on the back seat.. we have her secure cuz I'm not totally trusting her just yet at just a tad over 2 yrs old.