[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: If anyone is interested
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:22 pm 

I saw this car yesterday and I was taken back and if I could afford it I'd buy it for my wife because this is one pretty car.

Inquires:
Old Town Automobile and Truck Sales
3921 Old Town Road
Huntingtown, Maryland 20639
Ph: 301.855.9029
Fax:410.414.5707
sales@oldtownautomobile.com

Attachments:
Pink Stang.jpg
Pink Stang.jpg [ 105.9 KiB | Viewed 4663 times ]

Post subject: Re: If anyone is interested
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:41 pm 
Past President
Past President

I wonder if that's an original playboy car?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:18 pm 

You know that is a good question. On the lower front fender behind the front wheel there is a badge that said gt-a? I think and it has a gt gas cap. The details are better than many in the $10-15K range and oddly I know more about them and less about fox bodies. I didn't dig around just because I had other business and time was a factor.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:44 am 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

GT-A = 390ci with an automatic, right?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:49 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:31 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

When the Fairlane GTs first came out in the mid 60's, it was Ford's answer to the Pontiac GTO with the 389 cid engine. The Fairlane GTs had the 390 cid engine with the four speed manual transmission. The automatic version of those cars was the GTA which stood for GT Automatic.

One of my high school buddies had a GTA and it was a real street performer! A big block FE engine in a midsize car gave you a lot of power for the money! :3gears:

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:35 pm 

Thanks for the information.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:36 am 

GTA just means it's an automatic, does not delineate that it's a big block car. It could be a 289 as well. nice looking car. if it was a playboy car, would be very rare and valuable, but, I serious doubt it. worth a looksee I guess.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:10 am 
Treasurer
Treasurer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:32 am 

Kevin Marti tells me that there is no such color “Playboy Pink”, the term was coined after a few playmates had been given a few pink Mustang. Many people have the mistaken notion that Playboy Mustangs were all ordered by Hugh Hefner and given to Playmates. There were only two Mustangs given to playmates of the year. 1964 Playmate of the Year received a 1965 convertible and 1969 Playmate of the Year was awarded a 1969 Shelby.
Pink Mustangs are only valuable to those who desire them.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:23 pm 

Info from a co-worker.
=========================
talk of odd coincidences, the place that is selling the pink Mustang is Old
town Automobile in Huntington MD. We were down there about a month ago
checking out this 1973 Challenger before we got the Impala. The mopar
looked new, in excellent shape, the price was very very good, but the clutch
was very stiff and those 2nd gen challengers were overly large for a 2 door
car.

http://www.oldtownautomobile.com/invent ... &CarID=957

They have great stuff there. It's not just a classic car dealership, they
do full restorations and their 'showroom' really looks like a museum with
20-25 cars in it. I recommend dropping by to see it if you're in the area
(pretty far SE of DC by the Chesapeake)

This is the pink Mustang in question, a 289 in like new condition. I saw it
there a month ago and thought it was pretty cute.

http://www.oldtownautomobile.com/invent ... &CarID=947

This pinky mustang isn't
some customer paint job, you can tell that by the production pink interior
pieces. I also assumed it was 1 of the playboy mustangs but that's not the
case, as those were only for the 1st 2 yrs of mustang production, and the
car's shade of light pink (Dusk Rose) was used as a winning car from a
lipstick company (if not from Dole) and likely got added as a regular
production color in the 1967 model run.

http://mustangattitude.com/mustang/pink_mustang.shtml

Either way, all the pink stuff is a legit from the factory and mighty rare
as it was a 1 yr only color, 1967 was it, and extremely limited production.

put a few of Ford's Warriors in Pink removable badges on it and you're good
to go. a pretty decent price (asking price $27k) for such a limited
production animal. mf

http://mustangattitude.com/mustang/pink_mustang.shtml

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:59 pm 

You were in my neck of the woods, well I live further south near Solomons Island. I kept watching the prices on there site for a long time and like all things it is a hit or miss on some stuff but overall it is like most of these classic car dealers. I was hoping someone from this group could buy her (Pinky).

Nice too know you came down for a visit. :btu:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:19 pm 

Alot of nice cars on their site, my friend at work would love the LTD!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:55 am 
Treasurer
Treasurer

I had a 1974 Ford LTD 2 dr. coupe as a company car when I worked for the National Brewing Company. It was a very comfortable car especially as a highway cruiser. These were big cars and not very economical as I remember but if you drove a lot, as I did as a Field Manager in Eastern Upstate New York, these cars were worth their weight in gold! :thumbsup2:

Midnight Blue
MVCOM Historian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:01 am 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:30 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

If he really wants the LTD than he ought to start singing! :smile:

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian