[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: OBSERVATION
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:25 pm 

I am a returning member to the club after a few years without a Mustang and do not want to ruffle any feathers or cause any waves but I just wanted to put my thoughts out there.

I am a resident of Harford County and love to go to local cruises and show spots. I like to frequent Lowe's Cruise and just Saturday night went to the Walmart in White Marsh or Nottingham and saw a lot of sweet cars. One thing I did not see was a presence from the MCOM. I notice at the bottom of the forums we have over 600 members which is great but where are the members at these cruises. I totally get that it is summer and people vacation and others make plans with family for cook outs and what not but again we have over 600 members.

Currently the club is trying to push its last show of the year at Bob Davidson which is a little over a month away and we have hardly any presence at these local cruises. Am I missing something Word of mouth is the best tool to get people out and these cruises are a great opportunity to do that.

Again I am just putting my thoughts out there and do not anyone to take this personally but do want this club to be a continued success with members attending these local cruises so others will see a presence of the MCOM and want to join us!!

Post subject: Re: OBSERVATION
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:10 am 

I think forum "members" vs. actual paid club "members" is 2 different things. It's that way with alot of clubs. The SVO Club I belong to was like this. Just recently they had to goto a "members only" forum due to some issues with former paid club members causing issues on the forum.

95 Ranger Splash

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:41 am 

I understand and maybe that's the way to go but I know from the post I read on here that there are a lot of mustang lovers out there and you just don't see them out and about

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:02 am 

That is a very good observation. That is one way for people to know that we exist is to show a positive presense at these local events and talk to possible members. And thank you for coming out to the Lowe's cruise in and the one at Walmart in Notingham. I have been handing out fliers at these location for several weeks now so lets hope that more members will come out and show some local support. I will continue to be at these cruise in and also attending any local shows to help promote the club.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:05 am 

This is a good point mentioned on either paid members and or just forum types like me. I am out of the country for a while and when I come back full time I'd like to get involved with a group of like minded folks to exchange idears and lessons learned and laugh and have fun.
Forums can help with the lessons learned and the club can aid in cruises and other stuff. One thing to consider is only a few actually run any association and they are always in need of additional assistance and that is when we should come and aid the group. If this forum went to members only in good paid status it might just blow away because of the lack of participation. I dunno the answer since any season is an excuse not to do or to plan and bottom out. My car has been sitting idle for a while so I am biting at the bit for an opportunity to be in Maryland and get my pony going again.

lastly I want to see the solution here and hopefully see improvements if even in the forum area.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:00 pm 
Past President
Past President

Are you a member of the Club, or just the forum? The Club has a little over 300 members, the Forum over 600. There is a big difference.

You have some valid points. Actually we advertise in different ways. I know our members have been handing out fliers and we have advertised in cruise magazines. last Saturday evening, they announced the Bob Davidson show at the Marley Station show...so we do have a presence out there.

Next year we will be making a lot of fundamental changes to get more people involved, this includes, more social events, tech days, ad-hoc cruises, etc. It will be a great year for members.

The best way to help us, is to become a member of the CLub, if you aren't already, attend meetings and offer to assist on some of our committees. Our next meeting is at Sanoma's in Columbia on the 29th. We are having a parking lot social beginning at 6 PM. Come join us, we'd be glad to have you!

Scott

2014 Deep Impact Blue/Red Stripes GT Premium 5.0
1967 Notchback 289 - A true barn find!
In God we trust. All others are run through NCIC.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:46 pm 

I am proud to say I am a member of the club and forums. I was at Lowes on Saturday and at the cruise at the Nottingham Walmart Saturday night where I left a family barbecue early so I could go out and talk to cruisers and get some people aware of the show in September. I am glad to hear there will be some new things going on next year. The reason for my post was to try and make other members aware that some of us are out there and we need help.

I saw the map that reflects where members are located by city and was shocked to see so many members in the vicinity of Harford and Baltimore county but so few at the cruises.

MCOM has a great thing going here for the Mustang enthusiast but together we can all make it better!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:19 am 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:36 am 
President
President

Also not trying to offend anyone with what I'm about to say.

In more cases then not those type of get togethers in parking lots, leads to smack talking and illegal activities with the younger crowd. Drugs and Illegal street racing is often a byproduct of that type of meet. Also people doing burnouts and driving too quickly in the parking lot.I'm not interested in participating in that type of activity nor being around that environment with my car. :nono:

The Marley Station Saturday and Burtonsville Church of the Holy Donut meets on the otherhand is a professionaly run activity, with lots of rules and people are expected to follow them or are asked to never return.

Both offer a more mature croud then of those that you mentioned.

1967 Fastback 289, C4, Magnum 500 wheels, Long Tubes

1989 LX Notchback 5.0 supercharged SSP too much to list

2011 GT some basic bolt on goodies

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:18 am 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:21 pm 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:09 am 

I used to go to Lowe's all of the time for years and still go every once in a while. Guess I got burned out on the cruise and trying to fight the cellphone talking texting soccer Moms in their SUVs. If I do go I bring the '01 not the '68. If I do take the 68 out it is to the Dunkin Donuts in Aberdeen. Less traffic and less hassle.

by , on Flickr
Some people are like Slinkys. They have no purpose, but they sure bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:51 am 

I was at Lowe's again on Friday night. They had a very good turn out. A lot of very nice cars and trucks. Did not see to many SUV's with soccer mom's. Did pass out many fliers for our September show. Did meet several members of the club I have not seen before. Also may have recruited several new members.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:25 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:18 pm 

by , on Flickr
Some people are like Slinkys. They have no purpose, but they sure bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:47 am 

My 2 cents worth.
In the Carroll County area I have gone to 3 different cruise-ins.
Every Sat Night at the Dennys in Westminster, starts about 4 and goes till dark. Denny has a 50/50 drawing and and Door Prize drawing at the end of the evening. I got there about 7:00 and there wereo nly a half dozen cars there but a mature group.
1 and 3 Saturdays Jimmie Cone in Mt Airy about 6:00 on a wide variety of car and a few MCOM come to this one. Can be crowded but good crowd.
2 and 4 Saturdays Home Depot in Eldersburg a lot of the same cars one see's at Jimmie Cone. Good crowd too.
I haven't been to the Friday night one at VFW in Westminster but have heard its a winner lots of cars and Bar-b-g food starts about 6:00.
Jim :wave1:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:38 am 

Jimmy cone! Serious? I thought that place closed down after all these years. Good large parking area and as I recall there were several stores like a grocery and a hardware type place. been a long time since I was up in those parts.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:51 pm 

I've heard about the Eldersburg HD. Last I heard it was import heavy? My step brother lives across from the mall. Been wanting to check it out.

95 Ranger Splash

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:20 am 

6-71 Jimmie Cone is alive and well. Your memory is correct. The grocery store is at the end of the parking lot being used and so park carefully.
Eric - the last time I was there was in the spring and it was mostly rods and muscle cars. I don't recall there being more than a couple of foreign cars.
Jim

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:48 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Jim,

Where is place located? I never heard of Jimmy Cone before.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian