[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: al packer ford
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:38 pm 

if anyone is looking for a new ford, I'd leave al packer ford out. Looking at a new mustang, saw a 2012 roush for 42,000 and some change. when they worked the numbers for the monthly payments, it didnt sound right, why? cause the 42,000 is for the base car plus 10,000

1985 Mustang Gt Red convertible

Post subject: Re: al packer ford
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:57 am 

Didn't the car have two sticker prices on the window?

Attachments:
1a9ba71ced1d1c650c18d2d872cef372x.jpg
1a9ba71ced1d1c650c18d2d872cef372x.jpg [ 64.43 KiB | Viewed 3960 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:18 am 

dont know, this was the price they were advertising

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:22 am 
President
President

I'm sure the Roush is supercharged, which puts out similar numbers to the gt500! Gotta pay to play, it doesn't sound like the dealership was doing anything wrong! :btu:

1967 Fastback 289, C4, Magnum 500 wheels, Long Tubes

1989 LX Notchback 5.0 supercharged SSP too much to list

2011 GT some basic bolt on goodies

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:05 pm 

they advertised 42 something, but actually selling it for 52something. I see alot wrong with it, but thats just me I guess

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:33 pm 
Past President
Past President

Yeah, they shouldn't advertise it for a different price. That's a poor way to lure someone in.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:39 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:56 pm 

The salesman kept skirting the issue on price after your initial call. His selling point was he had my payments within my range. Hell with the fact they had tacked 10 grand on it. Salesmanager called me back with his double talk and i told him before i politely hulng up, you have my mumber, get me near your advertised price ...call me[color=#00FF00][/color

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:16 pm 

When ever i go into a dealer i ask if i pay cash is that the price i pay to take it off the showroom floor. the say heck no. they say for another 10 grand. and the biggest ploy is the saleman says he has to go check with the salesmanager to see what he can do to get you a deal. comes back wiping his forehead when he was back having a cup of coffee and says yea we can do that for you when he never talked to his boss.. thats the oldest sales pitch around. he didn't pull no stings just your leg. they always is the fine print everyone needs to read.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:50 pm 

:thumbsup2:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:24 pm 

Sounds real familiar to me. Stay away from Cook Automotive also. We were looking for a car for my son. Found a real nice car at Cook Automotive in Aberdeen advertised for $9,998. Took it for a test ride and I asked him to have it washed so I could look at it clean while we talked numbers. We went to his desk and he said do you know about our internet pricing? I said no. He said there is taxes, title/tags, processing fee, and there is a $1995 fee for inspection (well, I know inspections are usually $60 to $80, so I know they were not being a nice guys and giving it to me for $19.95), and $995 reconditioning fee. I said so you are adding $3,000 to the price of the car before taxes and tags. He said yes. I stood up and said you don't even need to bother to wash the car, I am out of here. The funny thing is that the car is still on the lot. We found my son the same car (a 2005 instead of 2006) with the same amount of miles on it for $8,795. Went right over the Delaware Memorial bridge in Pennsville NJ at the Bayshore Ford.
Was rally treated great.

The totally amazing thing is the last sentence in the Cook ad: "Rock bottom pricing. When other dealers try to complicate their price with additional fees, at Cookauto.com the advertised price is the price you pay!!". Maybe they should stick to it.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3282552
http://video.cardomain.com/71bossmd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:33 pm 

Bottom feeders are looking for those with no credit and desperate!