[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mustang Club of Maryland Public Forum

Mustang Club of Maryland

Home of the Mustang club of Maryland
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Driveway!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:52 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

After 3 years of scraping the bottom of my 2002 Mustang every time I back into my driveway I knew it was time to get this problem fixed! :yikes:

We had a contractor tear up the old, steep angled driveway skirt and level out the driveway entrance. They actually took out part of the county sidewalk and replaced it as they lowered the angle of the driveway. It now has a slight "swallow" to it and the result is dramatic.

I've had two of my neighbors inquire about having their driveways redone after they saw what they were able to do with my driveway.

For many years it was not a concern as I drove SUV's which had a high ground clearance. But since I bought my Mustang it has been miserable. The final straw was when my wife just bought a new 2011 Hyundai Sonata and scraped up the bottom of her front fascia when pulling out into the street.

I'll take some photos soon along with a photo of one of the original driveway skirts to show the difference.

Several months ago I had to ask Bob Thompson to raise my two tailpipes to avoid scraping them every time I backed into the driveway!

Midnight Blue

Post subject: Re: New Driveway!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:30 pm 

Steve you can always make your Mustang into a Donk car. lol. plenty of clearance with that.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:57 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Hey Dan,

It wasn't so funny when my wife scraped up the bottom of her new Hyundai! She made me buy a bottle of Dr. Colorchip to repair the damage!

Midnight Blue

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:38 am 

I just put down a concrete driveway: $6500.00, about double doing it in asphalt. I cannot bring myself to do work on it yet. Once it gets stained etc. then maybe.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:35 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Here are some photos of the new driveway along with some photos of my next door neighbors driveway. You can easily see the huge difference in cutting down the sharp angle that was originally in our driveway.

Midnight Blue

Attachments:
Image012.jpg
Image012.jpg [ 122.82 KiB | Viewed 4948 times ]
Image016.jpg
Image016.jpg [ 140.28 KiB | Viewed 4948 times ]
File comment: Photo of my neighbors driveway. Note the sharp incline angle which makes it hard not to scrape the bottom of low riding cars like my 2002 Mustang.
Image009.jpg
Image009.jpg [ 131.08 KiB | Viewed 4948 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:38 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

More photos of the new driveway. Note that the sharp angles have been flattened out so that I should no longer be scraping the driveway when I back in.

Midnight Blue

Attachments:
Image017.jpg
Image017.jpg [ 116.34 KiB | Viewed 4948 times ]
Image015.jpg
Image015.jpg [ 118.03 KiB | Viewed 4948 times ]
Image013.jpg
Image013.jpg [ 122.09 KiB | Viewed 4948 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:40 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Two more views of the completed driveway. I was told not to use the driveway for 7 days to allow proper curing. I'm sure that I could use it now but I'll wait for a few more days before finally using it again.

Midnight Blue

Attachments:
Image020.jpg
Image020.jpg [ 128.26 KiB | Viewed 4948 times ]
Image019.jpg
Image019.jpg [ 119.96 KiB | Viewed 4948 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:15 pm 

Cool, looks great!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:37 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Thanks!

We can't wait to start using it. We will be able to use it on Tuesday.

Midnight Blue

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:52 pm 

hyundai, is that even a car? sorry, but I drive the best cars in the world and everyone has a blue oval, i'd never think of driving a BM ( bankruptsy motors) , let alone a ricer

1985 Mustang Gt Red convertible

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:44 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:27 am 
Treasurer
Treasurer

What a pleasure it is to finally be able to back into my driveway without worrying about scraping the bottom of my car! :btu:

Now I can back into the driveway without worrying about coming in at special angles to avoid scraping the cars. It is such a weird feeling! I still drive very slowly forward into the street as I remember the old days when I would bottom out if I drove out too fast.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:35 pm 
MCA Regional Director
MCA Regional Director

What I nice feeling. I can't wait to get my driveway. Concrete work is not cheap.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:35 pm 
Treasurer
Treasurer

Concrete work is expensive Dave. We had several estimates and that was for the driveway entrance and not the entire driveway which would have cost us a fortune! :yikes:

When the contractor first showed up and saw that our driveway sloped downward at a sharp angle to the garage he was all but salivating. I hated to burst his bubble but I told him that I was only interested in redoing the front of the driveway.

I look at it as a long term investment. It can only help increase the property value in the future.

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:12 pm 

Nice!

Mustang Club of Maryland
Special Service Mustang Owner's Association
Bad Pony Club---Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:08 am 
Past President
Past President

Looks good Steve! :btu:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:56 am 
Treasurer
Treasurer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:03 am 
Treasurer
Treasurer

As a follow up to my driveway story several of my neighbors were so impressed with the results that the contractor has picked up an additional three new jobs!

My next door neighbors have just this week had they're entire driveway redone. Their driveway sloped almost as much as mine going down to the garage. The contractor reduced the slope and leveled out the driveway which will make it much easier for my neighbor to back his cars into his garage.

His next door neighbor is now interested in redoing his driveway after seeing the results of our corrected concrete work.

Another neighbor also spoke with the contractor about replacing some worn out concrete steps and fixing some cracks in his driveway.

All of this work came from an ad in Valpack! :btu:

Midnight Blue
MCOM Historian